1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mount Kimbie at the Drake

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by mrtunes, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

i heard about these guys the day of the show. looked them up and it sounded compelling enough for me to check it out. i like the Drake so i figured it's worth a shot.

they started off with a nice uk funky beat and the crowd stood there like toothpicks. the rest of the show was VERY chilled out. i was to expect this anyways but you'd think for a live show in a club-y environment on a thursday night you can figure out a way to kick it up a little.

it was quite crowded near the front so i couldn't really see what they were doing but it looked like a nice array of hardware and guitar stuff. they're young guys - can't be older than 23 by the looks of it.

but the kicker here is they only played for an hour. their last song was really good and i would've liked to have heard more, but they didn't even do an encore. i'm not sure what about this warranted $15 cover since most nights at the drake are no more than $10.

this group would be a good fit with their 5 bands for $5 deal since the set was short and not enough to carry the whole night.