• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Motivation to not look/feel like CRAP

squirrely

TRIBE Member
what motivates you more to stay/get in shape and eat healthy(ish)?

photo a)
obese.jpg

or photo b)
1001_swimsuit03xl.jpg

why?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Caz

TRIBE Member
Girls.

That and my mom is a personal trainer so if I'm out of shape when i see her I get teh glare

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
my motivation is just to feel good about myself. when i'm down i usually end up eating a lot more crap. otherwise i'm a really healthy eater on the whole.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
My motivation is do whatever I can to live as long as I can. I used to be a pot head eat a bag a chips a day guy. I realized if I keep this up I will end up fat and lazy and probably diue early of a heart attack or something.

I see how happy my parents are and how in shape they are and that movitvates me as well. Its all about balance

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ila

TRIBE Member
If I'm not in good physical shape, the rest of my life starts to fall apart. So I've realized, especially over the last few months that being in respectable form is something I'm going to have to do in order to make a go of anything. I've made it a priority now and I'm happier for it.

Also, I like to wear tight pants.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I haven't a clue what motivates me...this is probably why I've put on 10 or 15lbs in the last few years.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I don't know, cuz I feel like crap most of the time, but have no motivation right now to change it because there's so much shit going on. I figure come July-ish when everything's sorted I can concentrate a little more on getting myself back to a healthier routine

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i go to the gym more as therapy than anything else. i work hours like a lunatic, and if i didnt go to the gym i'd go crazy, its my only hour of peace a day and i refuse to give it up.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
for some reason i'm more motivated by the first photo, and by seeing photos of myself.

seeing my bikini pics from cuba was a brutally rude awakening.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
food never says "youre too drunk" or "i have a boyfriend" or "stop looking down my shirt/up my skirt/at my t-bar/g-string/thong"

food waits patiently in the fridge or in the supermarket aile,
it doesnt judge me or critisize.

eating keeps me distracted from dealing with the inner rage of life.

some people like dogs, but i say food is mans best friend!!

Caz

TRIBE Member
squirrely said:
for some reason i'm more motivated by the first photo, and by seeing photos of myself.

seeing my bikini pics from cuba was a brutally rude awakening.
useless witho..ah whatever

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Therapy......going to the gym can be painful....the the rewards are a healthy body and outlook towards life.

And I don't wanna be a fat dude........

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i guess beng a guy is different, because our working out doesnt really get noticed by anybody other than gf's and the like.

i mean there is a difference between fat guys and fit guys, but the differences between fit guys and REALLY jacked guys are often hidden by a t shirt, dress shirt, etc....

being a guy is different because most guys dont wear very revelaing clothes, except the shirtless wonders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Initially, it was my mother loss that motivated me to change.
Today, what motivates me is mostly something which is part of a circle that influences my life. Healthy thinking, healthy eating and healthy living boosts my self-esteem and self-love to nurture and take care of myself. My happiness of course reflects on the decisions and the choices I make in life and affects the people I am around.

Also, what motivates me every day is that if nutrition is part of my career and I advise people of this all the time, I feel it's essential to do this for myself to set an example to all my clients.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
Therapy......going to the gym can be painful....the the rewards are a healthy body and outlook towards life.

And I don't wanna be a fat dude........

In my experience going to the gym is therapy. I forced myself to go to the gym for the first two weeks. Now I am addicted. Another huge motivational factor with going to the gym is the compliments from people who notice the changes in your body.
I personally dont notice the difference because I am looking at my body everyday but I saw an old friend this past weekend who mentioned I have changed so much, I had gotten a little more size and more fit. After hearing that I was pumped and couldnt wait to get back to the gym and work that much harder.

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
I go for mental/physical health.

I always kind of relate it to physics too. "A body at rest, tends to stay at rest" (or something like that). I find that if I stop going to the gym my energy levels plummet and so does my happiness. If I keep active, energy levels are up and I feel more positive in my day-to-day activities.

soulbrother 10

TRIBE Member
It's been said I guess, but being fit affects every area of life. There is no disputing the link between physical fitness and emotional and psychological well-being.

It's important to find fitness activities that are fun. For me it's hockey and biking. I also do some weights and stretching work. The payoff for doing the work of staying fit is that you just feel better in every way.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Fillmore said:
I personally dont notice the difference because I am looking at my body everyday but I saw an old friend this past weekend who mentioned I have changed so much, I had gotten a little more size and more fit. After hearing that I was pumped and couldnt wait to get back to the gym and work that much harder.

After 3+ months of doin the spinning thing 2-3 times a week, I got that as well. I don't notice shit, but hey, if you wanna say I've lost weight..I won't stop you!