• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mother's Day

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I'm waitin for the timeline, but whatever

Any ideas or suggestions? I have no clue what to get my ma. She has everything under the sun and then some.

I was shot down on my glass roses idea, she doesn't use spa treatment shit (at least she didn't use the last one I got her), my step-dad bought her everything she could possibly need for her snowmobile, she has tons of glass for her stained glass shit, flowers die and I refuse to buy them anymore, I've done the whole write a poem and make her cry thing. I'm at a loss HELP!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
I cant afford the shit my mother likes. like me, she'd probably rather have cash. but I do get to combine her birthday and mother's day on some years.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
One year I sent a giant bouquet of flowers. Sure they die, but she's like me, she loves gettin em anyways ;)

Last year I think I bought her $100 to the local spa.

I dunno what to do this year. More than anything, I'd just like to actually be with her on mother's day. I haven't seen her on mother's day since I was 20.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Do you have to give her material things?

No, but I prefer to. I've given her poems, paintings I've done, photos I've taken that she loves and tons of other shit that I composed on my own and didn't pay a cent for, but I just don't have that shit in me this year

IgStar

TRIBE Member
crap. I am gonna be home for mothers day.

hrm. well, maybe being home will be gift enough.
she wouldn't take anything from me other than a card now anyways, she knows how broke I am.

ila

TRIBE Member
take her out for dinner and get a photograph of something "familyish" enlarged or framed for her.

I'll do the dinner part, but I'm not sentimental enough for the photograph bit. What I love about my mom is that she's not sentimental enough to appreciate a framed family photo either. She certainly appreciates dinner though.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
What are her hobbies, what does she do in her spare time? For example, if she likes gardening, maybe you can help her plant some flowers, or clean up her garden...

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
I just asked a question, ok? Settle down, skippy.

skippy?

hahaha....if I weren't wearing my beany propeller hat today, I might be upset.

beanie%20w%20propeller.jpg

damn, I look gooooood.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
My Moms first Mothers Day I bought her a nice gold necklace that said "Grandma" on it or something.

This year she doesn't want anything but we'll be taking the little one to the zoo for their Mothers Day thing again like we did last year. :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
this is my first mother's day as a mother. that's kinda cool.

i'm not sure what i'm doing with my mom as i'm kinda hoping i get to do something....

at the very least i will send her flowers.... but probably a visit will happen. although she has no interest in seeing me probably - just elissa.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i went to a wedding last Saturday and mistakenly wrapped the gift in Happy Mother's Day wrapping paper.

140441505_a1c43d3896_b.jpg

whoops!