• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...mother...*~

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
in your native tongue:

what is the word for 'mother'?

what other variations of the word 'mother' are used?

what does the word 'mother' look like when written down?

my native tongue is english.
mother = mom, mommy, mama, ma

when written down (by a sith lord), mom looks like this

~*...normaste...*~

The Watcher

TRIBE Member

Here's my mom holding a fish while standing on the ice at my cottage.
I call her Mum. In english or french. And I call her "Yes Motherrrrrrr" when she's asking me to do countless chores for her :p

She's an awesome Mother... and I'm truely fortunate to have her. Her name is Ange-Marie, and she's practially a saint.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
proper would me moeder but generally I call her moederka in response to her calling my Yeffka or kincha which are both technically derogatory in the specific dialect she speaks.

My dad used to call me 'rotte zak' which translates into something like "rotten bag", but I always assumed he meant it in love. RIP old man I hope your religion was wrong or you're burning in hell.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
ma most of the time
mommy when I want something and I know I'm not gonna get it
Joan when I'm bein a smart ass
mother when I don't wanna hear it anymore
mooooooooooooom when my step-dad is bugging me
and mom when I'm tired

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
Maman or Mom.

I'd be curious to know what y'all call your grandparents.

I only have one and she is called Granny but on my other half's side of the family he has a Nanny.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
ima! (pronounced eemah)

grounded4life beat me to it though.
father is aba, which i have always really liked. there is something that just tugs at my heart strings when i hear my little cousins calling my uncle 'aba'

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Speaking of moms, I'm still pissed off at my mom for selling my car without permission and not sending me the money.

Damn you mother!!

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
sk8 said:
oh norm. are you learning again?
the many names for mother came up yesterday at a friend's baby blessing (alternative to baby shower). i noticed that the sound of the letter 'm' was common among the different languages for the word 'mother'. i wanted to see how many other languages use that sound when refering to 'mother' and what better place to get a wide sample of cultures than here on tribe.

undercover_girl said:
I'd be curious to know what y'all call your grandparents.
you can find out what name people from this board call their grandparents here

~*...normaste...*~

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Haha. All I can think of is "Tell your children not to walk my way."
I just came in to post that!

Mother! Tell your children not to walk my way! Tell your children not to hear my words! What they mean, What they say? MAAAAAAHOTHER!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders