• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Most recognized Canadian DJ?

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
with popularity though, comes drama. in a lawsuit each party obviously pushes their own perspective on the matter, in the end a judge will decide.

memories of heated fights with MWE and few of their djs come to mind.

ya, like pulling ronnie out of 99 sudbury when ron trent and his crew attempted a beat down.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Obviously not going to quote names but the sources are his old friends from Niagara as well as his old business manager (Melle Fresh). Huge lawsuits between him and his old business partners. I think my information is pretty solid thanks.

"Dem three sides to every story - your side, my side, and the side of the truth!"

Real knowledge comes through direct experience, not through hearing it from someone else, seen?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Deadmaus (refuse to use the 5) is headlining Ultra in Miami, alongside Tiesto.

Can someone explain to me why exactly he is so big right now? Is it just the fucking mouse head? Or is it ___ year old singles that got big on beatport?

videotronic

TRIBE Member
I've got to say, later in that set when he mixes in Rage Against the machine, fuck you i won' tdo what ya tell me, it's pretty sick. That would have been a hell of a party.

i used to think stuff like this ^^ too. then i went to my 3rd rave and realized i was an idiot

videotronic

TRIBE Member
at least i figured it out on my own, fuckstick. you are 30+ and you still haven't had your idiocy epiphany yet..

we all know, but you still don't

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I've got to say, later in that set when he mixes in Rage Against the machine, fuck you i won' tdo what ya tell me, it's pretty sick. That would have been a hell of a party.

YouTube - DEADMAU5 vs Rage Against the Machine - New Years Eve NYE 2010 at the O2 Arena in LONDON

Partly why this goes down so huge is because the Rage song was voted the uk Christmas number 1 thanks to a viral facebook campaign. The uk Christmas song is a huge deal there. It was a big upset to the radio establishment. So I think deadmaus is plating up to that.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
i used to think stuff like this ^^ too. then i went to my 3rd rave and realized i was an idiot

I used to think like that too - oh no wait I didn't because then I'd be a pretentious prick who's probably just bitter because he never managed in 10+ years of DJing what Deadmau5 has managed in roughly 3 ... Why so negative anyways Brad? It's just an opinion.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
Partly why this goes down so huge is because the Rage song was voted the uk Christmas number 1 thanks to a viral facebook campaign. The uk Christmas song is a huge deal there. It was a big upset to the radio establishment. So I think deadmaus is plating up to that.

This makes a lot of sense, otherwise I suppose dropping the song in the middle of a set might be seen as random ...

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
I've got to say, later in that set when he mixes in Rage Against the machine, fuck you i won' tdo what ya tell me, it's pretty sick.

so over-done. every year at Shambhala at least one dj drops killing in the name, I've seen it a number of times in TO, and nearly every mash-up dj drops it regularly.

it was cool the first time.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
I guess that's why I think it's cool. I don't get out to parties that much any more and I haven't heard a DJ drop it in forever.

tripleup

TRIBE Member
Why in Toronto is it hated on to drop tracks from popular artists?

People aren't trying to be creative in doing so, they are just playing something they like.