• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

most intense movie scenes.....

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
i was watching man on fire last night and got an idea for a thread about intense movies, scenes that just freak you out or make you cry like a child...

that whole movie is intense as it is, but the part where denzel goes back to the house and into pita's room after he gets shot, and rahda mitchell walks in, nine inch nails' "the mark has been made" starts playing and he's all like "i'm gonna kill em, anyone who was involved, anyone who profited from it, they're all dead", and she says "kill em, kill em all...."
i don't know what it is about that scene, whether it's the music that goes with it that makes it that much better, or how fucking great denzel washington was in the movie...

another scene which i'll NEVER stop thinking about is in hostel... when he cuts her friggen eye out... NO THANKS... i could've killed jelo and klubmasta for letting me come to see that movie with them... :mad: it was INSANE....

(whether this thread will catch on i don't know... but you gotta love movies...)

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
ASS TO ASS...actually that whole montage with the arm and everything.

Also, the scene where Patricia Arquette fights James Gandolfini in 'True Romance'. She's getting the crap kicked out of her, covered in blood, and she comes at him with the screwdriver, and then at the end completely loses her shit all over him, screaming with primal rage. So awesome.

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
for me it was sixth sense when the kid gets locked into the closet during the birthday party, he comes out covered in scratches.

Also in Signs when the TV news report shows the alien coming out of the field in Brazil. Not graphic at all, it just stuck with me....

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
SNAKES%20IN%20A%20PLANE%20BATHROOM.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
synchronizator said:
another scene which i'll NEVER stop thinking about is in hostel... when he cuts her friggen eye out... NO THANKS... i could've killed jelo and klubmasta for letting me come to see that movie with them... :mad: it was INSANE....

(whether this thread will catch on i don't know... but you gotta love movies...)

We were in the same theater that night, and I was more "why didnt you tell me this was about this!" anyhoo, Hostel is funny. The gore/slash/torture of it all was so unreal to me that I couldn't help but laugh. I don't think it's intense, I just thought over the top.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Actually two scenes come to mind, both from the same film Irreversible. The horrific rape of Alex played by Monica Bellucci, and the revenge scene where some guy gets his face beating to a bloody pulp with a fire extinguisher.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
two movies come to mind immediately....first was in Unfaithful when Richard Gere hits Olivier Martinez over the head with that snow globe and then out of no where all this blood starts rushing down his face...it chills me everytime.

Second movie is Return To Paradise when they're hauling Joaquin Phoenix off to be hanged...the way he screams still sends shivers up my spine. Great movie.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
luke...i am your father.

yippee kiyah muthfucker

when the chippettes sing the song "mother" to the sick little baby penguin in "the chipmunk adventure"

gallo having the breakdownin the bathroom in "bufallo 66" (or when he wacthes buffalo lose)

when the first alien ship comes out of the ground and starts shooting in "war of the worlds"

john candy crying at the end of "planes trains and automobiles"

data dying in NEMESIS

Sue and her water canteen vs. the crocodile in "crocodile dundee"

Robocop removing his helmet and looking in the mirror for the first time.

the final shootout in scarface....(and the chainsaw scene)

in mullholland drive when you go around the dumpster and that freaky demon guy is there.

the alien coming out of the water behind newt in ALIENS

the three guys, dressed in black and blue with bladesticks, fighting jackie chan in FEARLESS HYENA

the club scene when sarah connor first see's arnie in TERMINATOR

the moon falling out of the sky in TIME MACHINE

DEER HUNTER russian roulette

....i'm sure i willl have more to come

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Eclipze said:
Irreversible. the revenge scene where some guy gets his face beating to a bloody pulp with a fire extinguisher.

yes. my girl and i rented that movie because BANGALTER (daft punk) does the soundtrack. needless to say, that whole RECTUM seen with the arm breaking, and face PULVERIZING was quite intense,

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The classic 'hospital' and 'birdcage' scenes from Chow Yun Fat's 'Hard Boiled'...It was The Matrix before The Matrix even existed.

Irish

TRIBE Member
Opening scene of Boondock Saints as they walk out of the church.

And the classic...

Bring your green hat!

peko

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
The eyeball puss! I love it!

But it's not intense as much as it is cartoonish.

This part grossed me out but it was kinda funny. I actually watched this scene, where as the other parts before the eye were toooo much for me.

Saw is STIL scarier the Hostel, imo.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
In Romy & Michelles High School Reunion when Romy gets busted for actually not being the inventor of post-it's. That was some intense crazy shit.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
For me it would have to be the final standoff in The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. The whole movie is a progressive buildup to that scene but when you get to it - wow is it ever intense! (especially concidering everyones standing as still as possible!)

goodbadugly1.jpg

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Pedophile dad & son conversation - Happiness
"Would you fuck me?"
"No... I'd jerk off instead."

Best conversation in a movie ever. People walked out during that scene. Fuckers.

Dad & daughter conversation/flashback - Joy Luck Club.

When Dog Breath or whatever her name is doesn't get the slice of cake in Welcome to the Dollhouse.

Final breathing moments of Last Night.

Plastic bag scene in American Beauty (in which I fell in love with Ricky).
Definitely when the Colonel approaches Lester in the garage and they have a homo moment.

When the dood dies at the end of Bladerunner.

The first sex scene in Brokeback Mountain.

P. Diddy's death scene in Monster's Ball. And the cowboy hat exchange with Halle and the racist father.

All of Rumblefish.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Gotta agree with Flashy, Requim for a dream's climactic scene haunted me for weeks everytime I went to sleep it was all I could think about. Nothing in film has ever effected me like that.
Except maybe Empire Strikes Back.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I still don't get why people loved The Good, the Bad, The Ugly.. so much. It's sucha boring film.