• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Morgan Freeman Joins Batman Cast

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Morgan Freeman joins 'Batman' cast By JAM! Movies

Morgan Freeman has signed on to star in the fifth installment of the "Batman" series, Variety reports.

Freeman will play Lucius Fox, the CEO of billionaire Bruce Wayne's company.

The "Batman" cast also includes Christian Bale in the lead role, Michael Caine (as butler Alfred), Liam Neeson and Katie Holmes.

"Memento" director Christopher Nolan will head up the March 16 shoot in London. (More on Morgan Freeman)
kick ass.
He's perfect for the role no doubt.

moriarty

TRIBE Member
Lets Just hope that it isn't shuelmacker directing again. he so killed the franchise. Gothan is DARK and CREEPY not a neon light show in tights.

moriarty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract

Schweet. that guy is good. I love the special edition dvd of momento even forwards it works completely. Awesome direction. Great flick overall. I look forward to seeing this batman incarnation then.

Hope is restored

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
This one is said to be based on the script Batman: The Frightening, featuring The Scarecrow as the lead baddie. The movie initially was to be based on Frank Miller's graphic novel Batman: YO, a film-noir-infused, four-issue story written in 1987 and published by DC Comics that detailed Bruce Wayne's first year as Batman, including the self-doubts and blunders he had to overcome in order to emerge as a full-blown crime fighter.

*drools*
scarecrow....

i can see this being my favourite Batman movie
(if they dont' fuck it up)

But rumour is... Liam Neeson is set to play super villian Ra's ah Ghul.
Cillian Murphy is going to be Scarecrow?

Movie is to be named Batman: Intimidation

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
As long as this goes back to the comic books roots and is nice and dark, then I'll go see it. But if it's campy and full of schtick, forget it.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
[BCillian Murphy is going to be Scarecrow?

[/B]
cool, i like that guy.

this sounds promising...the franchise needs a solid director to bring it back on course after Schumacher fucked it royally.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
Christian bale...

Thta must mean Katie Holmes is Talia!!!

*CREAMS Mahself*
*spooge* omg me too!

This is shaping up to be a good flick methinks. I just hope that they don't end if like all the other Batman movies with Batman telling everyone he's Bruce Wayne!! That pissed me off more then anything. There's a reason they call it a secret identity.

(Yes I know that Ra's already knows but I mean the other characters)

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
yeah, but even though Ra's knows, he never calls him Batman OR Bruce.

He calls him "Detective"

Katie Holmes plays the love interest... Talia makes sense, but Holmes soooo does not have the body for that.

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
i'm done with morgan freeman. don't get me wrong, he's great at acting within an incredibly small range, but enough is enough already. shawshank was his most redeeming role, methinks.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member

Katie Holmes plays the love interest... Talia makes sense, but Holmes soooo does not have the body for that.
I dissagree 100%. Katie was supposed to be buffy before SMG came around. Katie with a proper trainer can so pull it off.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by moriarty
Lets Just hope that it isn't shuelmacker directing again. he so killed the franchise. Gothan is DARK and CREEPY not a neon light show in tights.
This is what's going to make or break this movie for me.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
This is good news, Batman's my fav superhero of all.

Katie as Talia wouldn't make sense. She should at least have an accent, she is from the middle east, no? There's a sort of exoticism that she lacks, the role she's slated for is much better.

Sounds like they got some good people in this formula.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension

Katie as Talia wouldn't make sense. She should at least have an accent, she is from the middle east, no? There's a sort of exoticism that she lacks, the role she's slated for is much better.

Sounds like they got some good people in this formula.
We need to debate batman more :p
Now off with you to buy the paperback "Hush"

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by moriarty
It really wasn't him that killed it, it was WB. They probably wanted a PG rating so kids can see it as well so they take out violence and all that. So I really wouldn't put all the blame on Schumacher. Have you seen 8mm?? That's a pretty dark movie and was directed by Schumacher....

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension

Katie as Talia wouldn't make sense. She should at least have an accent, she is from the middle east, no?
This shouldn't be a problem. Christian Bale has a very thick english accent (he's from England)and yet in American Psycho he speaks American English perfect... I think it's something called "training fo the role.". And a little gauze helps too I guess...:) Katie Holmes shouldn't have a problem pulling this off...

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Resolver
This shouldn't be a problem. Christian Bale has a very thick english accent (he's from England)and yet in American Psycho he speaks American English perfect... I think it's something called "training fo the role.". And a little gauze helps too I guess...:) Katie Holmes shouldn't have a problem pulling this off...

Did you see Big Fish?

As great a movie as it was, all the actors had a unbelievable poor southern accents. The actors involved with that movie dwarf anything Katie Holmes has ever done, besdies looking cute, which is what she's noted for.

Most actors can pull off a regular TV-influenced American accent no problem. But a middle-eastern accent would be a challenge for most actors.

ie, just look at Oded Fehr in The Mummy (the one who helped Encino Man), could anyone else have played that part? Doubtful, cause he's middle eastern. Regardless, she's not playing the part of Talia. Liam Neeson is a very talented actor, I'm confident he can play the part of Ra's al Ghul.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
christian bale is batman.
liam neeson is ra's al ghul.
morgan freeman is lucius fox.
michael caine is alfred.
cillian murphy *might* be scarecrow (unconfirmed).
katie holmes is bruce wayne's new love interest, rachel.

the only major role not yet cast is commissioner gordon, although dennis quaid was campaigning for it.

filming starts march 16 in london, england.

chris nolan is directing.

david goyer (blade) co-wrote the script with chris nolan.

all of the batman movies so far have sucked ass. the fact that they are using ra's al ghul as the primary villain is VERY encouraging news because the 'demon' stories - especially 'birth of the demon' - are the best batman stories written.