• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

more g33k help required

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
When I got my new computer I put a bunch of files on a CD that I wanted to transfer over to my new computer. However, I made the CD on win ME and now I have XP and the CD will not work in this comp.

So basically what Im asking is if there is anyway to get a CD that was made in an older version of windows to work in XP?

~atp~

TRIBE Member
what do you mean "the cd will not work"? Will the new PC read the disc? Does it list the files? Can you open the files?

What kind of CD is it? A data CD? What kind of files are on it?

...generally, a CD burned by an ME o/s would be identical to a CD burned by an XP o/s (or any other o/s for that matter). It's what's on the CD that's important...

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
its a data cd. there are a bunch of mp3s on there, and some pics and shit. it works on other computers. just not this one. the computer recognizes the disk, it just doesnt think there is anything on it.

zoo

TRIBE Member
try burning a file on the cd using another computer, and select the "close session" option

then try it again

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
the files are long gone. im pretty sure i closed the session. the cd worked on my old computer that was formatted after the cd was made. and it was made in an external drive and worked in the normal cd drive of the old computer but did not work in my new computer.

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
if it helps Nero has told me there is 484megs on the disc and one session. And it says it is a read only cd rom UDF (mode 1)

mattt416

TRIBE Member
some cd drives (read: the shit ones) don't read burned cd's all that well, especially if the cd was written at quite a high speed. fucken technology ... but what can you do about it? burn or be burned, that's my take on it.