1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Moog Sub Phatty

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Blue Meanies, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Blue Meanies

Blue Meanies TRIBE Member

Any tribe producers have one or played one??

I have read tons of reviews and watched tons of videos. But I was still looking for more feedback from people that have actually incorporated one into their studio setup.

Cheers

2. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

I don't have it but I have the Minitaur and it is one bad ass bass mother fucker... It does sub bass so well you can sync the lfo to midi clock, comes in small size for gigging and solid build... From what I have seen the sub phatty is far better than the little phatty as in more hands on controls...

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

question - anyone have a bite-sized explanation of what "Oscillator Calibration Range" is? This unit has an OCR of 22Hz-6.8KHz.

4. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

I beg to guess this is the octave range that the oscillator can cover...

5. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

but but....it can't actually be. the lfo range on this baby goes from a ridiculous 0.1hz to an equally ridiculous 100hz. So that's why the Oscillator Calibration Range is confusing - can't really find info on it either.

6. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Why would this be of aconcern anyways? In retrospect an analogue osc can only track a certain octave range... Usually between 5- 6...

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

its of concern because it's something i don't know, and I'm a curious little motherfucker. :D