• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

!moodymann!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

octo

TRIBE Member
i'm in.

i hope the people that didn't like theo, know what they're getting into this time

deeeeeeetroit funk!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lonemale

TRIBE Member
haha, yeah, man if they don't like Theo - watch what Kenny plays!

the time he played at Industry he pulled the tempo down to 75 bpm.

all the househeads love him until he drops below 110 bpm. ;)

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
WhattaMyGonnaDoGonnaDoGonnaDo...

"Our files show he hasn't been back since that night", says a spokesmodel for Bernnie L Federko LLP. Dude was pissed that no one gave a shit for the black man with the funny shades (and his old motown bag of tunes) that night. It was all about mister "I AM THE VAMPIIIIIIIIRE OF THE NIGHT" (Carl Craig) doin' shows and carrying on.

Ritual 4 was a good show, save for KDJ playing the wrong kind of set in the wrong kind of theatre. Hopefully this time around heads'll be ready.

Donc

TRIBE Member
belated industry review...

Industry/Ritual was a surprise for me...

I had the honour to open up for him, and the club was packed. Moody stepped up and I remember being behind him for the first bit, watching from the booth. I had dropped some deep DNH and Maurizio stuff at the end of my set in anticipation for him, and then he took it waaay down. Deeetroit was in the house! There was a certain tension in the air. I think the crowd in there at that time just had a certain expectation for a different kind of DJ or music. Can't really blame 'em, given the usual rotation of talent. People get used to things. Being a Ritual party, though, I was surprised people weren't more open to KDJ. :( It was a surprise to all of us I think at the time!

There were definitely those in attendance who were diggin' the funk... He brought it back up nicely, too. He had a certain dynamic going, no question. I had a blast being able to open for him and he was a super chill, nice guy, too. That was one of my favourite nights there. I can't wait to see him play again here at 99 :D

derek

TRIBE Member
octo said:
i'm in.

i hope the people that didn't like theo, know what they're getting into this time

deeeeeeetroit funk!

haha...so true. can't wait for the reviews. beware his plays funk and rares that aren't b/t 120 to 135 bpm. i love it.

Last edited:

rod_g

TRIBE Member
kdj_logo.gif
yes
kdj_logo.gif
yes
kdj_logo.gif
yes
kdj_logo.gif
yes
kdj_logo.gif
yes
kdj_logo.gif

droops

TRIBE Member
BIG UP TO MILK for 10 years......now I feel old, of great parties and top self guests. Good on you guys!! Here's to ten more years!

rod_g

TRIBE Member
I<3Robots said:
the ever lovely norma jean bell on sax...!

And Larry Heard was on keys that night !!

Man, this jam is exactly what I need to let loose.. i havent heard Felix and Gani play in ages too :cool:

grit

TRIBE Member
hmmm. if you were to choose this party or the body n soul, what would it be??????????? kenny plays the music i love more than anything, though the b&s show is sure to be NUTS.
both are events that may never happen in T.O. again.

rod_g

TRIBE Member
grit, there's NO way to choose .. your only choice is to hit both dude

deep house double penetration :B