• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Moody Man !!

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Unfortunatly i cannot post in roll calls so ia m just going to post my excitment here - please feel free to move this to roll calls... :cool:

I love Kenny Dixon Jr. and am soooo excited for this party on Apr. 15th @ 99 - i don't think i have ever seen him dj or it has been a very long time... how is his djing?

why not

TRIBE Member
i heard him at industry many moons ago, opening up for a live carl craig set.

i thought KDJ was good, but the industry crowd didn't seem very into it.
funny how easily we forget how lame most of the people going there were, at least in the later years.

he played really slow moody house music at that time - kind of like theo parrish but without all the disco oddities.

carl craig's live set that night was fucking awesome, and restored my faith in techno. unfortunately, most of the people in the room couldn't be bothered.
i remember after his live set, he started DJing (soulful deep house), but got kicked off the decks for some toronto live house act (who's name i forget, but i have a bad feeling i know some of them now).
regardless, the toronto band sucked, and carl was not happy about the situation. i grabbed him on his way out the door to thank him for all the inspiration, and he was polite, considering how sweaty and gross i probably looked.
i remember trying to share my enthousiasm with strangers around me, but they were all "carl who? you mean carl cox? that guy rocks, but this guy sucks"

grit

TRIBE Member
why not said:
considering how sweaty and gross i probably looked.
ya i can just imagine. :D

seriously though, i've seen him a few times with the 3 chairs at different events, and he can hold his own up there. he has shit in his collection you won't hear anywhere else. ever. (whether he feels like playin it is another story though). should be very interesting.

why not

TRIBE Member
i just hope he doesn't decide to play all his recent material - i'm finding most of it kind of dry (at least the tracks i've heard)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

grit

TRIBE Member
it kinda seems like he's not putting THAT much effort into his current productions or something. i kinda agree. but i definetely don't think he'll be dj'ing mostly recent stuff.

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
i have video footage from one of the early demfs at a moodymann live pa afterparty with larry heard on keyboards, norma jean bell on clarinet, and jerry the cat on skins... all the while, kenny is getting 'serviced' on stage by a bikini clad girl underneath some bedsheets... what a crazy ass show that was. i'll have to dig it up the footage and post.

derek

TRIBE Member
HaliBubba said:
i have video footage from one of the early demfs at a moodymann live pa afterparty with larry heard on keyboards, norma jean bell on clarinet, and jerry the cat on skins... all the while, kenny is getting 'serviced' on stage by a bikini clad girl underneath some bedsheets... what a crazy ass show that was. i'll have to dig it up the footage and post.
i was at that party. crazy night.

ian

TRIBE Member
I went to a DEMF afterparty that Laurent Garnier played at a few years back and Moddyman showed up with some DATS of his new shit and played it. It was tech-house and it was awesome. Not sure if it was ever released.