1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Montreal - restaurant recommendations

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Joe Seven, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Joe Seven

Joe Seven TRIBE Member

I'll be in Montreal in a few weeks for a friends bachelor party weekend. Looking to go out with a group of 10-12 dudes for dinner downtown on Friday night. Doesn't need to be Michelin star material... good food, casual and not crazy-expensive will work. Suggestions?

2. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

ask vinder

3. sam

sam TRIBE Member

GARDE MANGER if you can get a reservation.

Great food, and fun atmosphere!!

4. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

schwartz!

ok, so it's not exactly what you asked for, but on the other hand, "mmmmmmmmmmm"

5. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

6. Joe Seven

Joe Seven TRIBE Member

thank you for the tips so far... will be looking into the suggestions.

vinder let me slip into his crack at pride, I look forward to hearing from him.

7. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

Nantha's Cuisine on Duluth, coin.. dodido, Coloniale, I think.
    guys a bit of a local celeb, and cooks up some delicio Thai cuisine...
    It's a trendy spot.

8. Hybrid

Hybrid TRIBE Member

9. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Whereabouts in Montreal?

10. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Guranteed hilarity and good eats with that guy, but it's to small to accomodate groups.

I second the Holder or L'Academie reccomendations. Can't go wrong at either spot with a group there.

11. AgentSanchez

AgentSanchez TRIBE Promoter

AU PIED DE COCHON - best place I've ever eaten for affordable high-end. Actually scratch that.... best place I've ever eaten. It's owned by Martin Picard, the wild chef!

L'academie is good/cheap and great for groups because it's BYOB and there are no corking fees (and there's an SAQ next door!). But if it's Au Pied De Cochon or L'academie, don't even consider L'academie.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  12. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

I'm sure he could accommodate 12 people

(just show up at 5pm, when he opens)

13. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I thought it closed?

But you're right, it is an amazing experience. Might be next to impossible getting a reservation for 12 with just a few week notice though.

14. AgentSanchez

AgentSanchez TRIBE Promoter

I was there a few months back... And even 2 weeks notice the pickings were slim for a table of 4. But holy fucking fuck was the food AMAZING! I could barely walk out of there.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  15. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

La Raclette in the plateau was always good times. Great food, great service and they can handle 12 people especially with a few days notice

16. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

DNA
    Au Pied
    Garde Manger
    Le Locale
    Joe Beef
    La Montee De Lait

In that order.