• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Montreal doctor has HIV, 2000+ patients tested.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
holy shit...what a scary situation...

More than 2,600 patients will be tested for HIV after a doctor at Ste-Justine's Children's Hospital tested positive for the virus.

The doctor performed surgery on 2,614 patients between 1990 and 2003, Lucie Poitras, director of professional services, told a news conference Thursday. Some of the patients would now be adults. Poitras said she believes the risk of HIV transmission isn't high for the patients involved.

"This risk is extremely weak," she said but added the hospital must take every precaution.

Poitras said there have only been two cases in the last 20 years of HIV being transmitted by a health professional, one in France and one in Spain, and children weren't involved. HIV is the virus that causes AIDS.

The doctor's identity hasn't been released for reasons of confidentiality, she said.

Adam

TRIBE Member
I wonder if the doctor was a surgeon?

Otherwise it seems unbelievably unlikely he could ever transmit the virus to a patient.

The bouncers at clubs have more intimate contact with me then my doctor ever has.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Adam

TRIBE Member
i believe we have a limit of ONE mocking post after someone skims the details of an article.

thx

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders