• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Montreal dining recommendations

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Heading to Montreal this weekend despite the rain, and I'm looking for a few suggestions about nice restaurants. Any suggestions?

Futronic, I'm lookin' at you!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I wanted to try Garde-Manger in Old Montreal so badly when we were there last, but alas, twas not to be.

I'm told it turns into a kind of happenin' bar after the kitchen closes on weekends too.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
La Raclette was always a favourite of mine when I lived there. It's up in the plateau, just north of Mont Royal, almost to Papineau

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

futronic

TRIBE Member
Definitely check out Le P'tit Plateau. The decor isn't all that great but the food is excellent. They make everything in house - foie gras torchon, duck confit, etc, etc. Best part - BYO (no corkage obviously because it's Montreal). Oh, and their creme brulee is good also, which I'm very, very picky about.

-- Jay aka Fut

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
haha! small world!
kitchenette was nice, i liked it. but les trois petits bouchons was fantastic. highly recommended for anyone going to Montreal. great seasonal fare, incredible flavours, beautiful presentation,with just a smidge of molecular gastronomy for fun.
one of the best meals i have had for a while now.