• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

MONSTER TRUCK! (I hope truckosaurus is there!)

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I can't believe i'm going to this. Has anyone ever been to one of these type of events before?!?! I'M SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED

Colt 45, mesh tshirts, cowboy hats, WOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyone else going?

I saw them shoot someone out of a cannon on TV. It looked neat.

~allie~

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Bring fucking earplugs. You have no concept of loud until you hear those fucking things.

<-- got free tickets once. Probably wouldn't go again.

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
i went like 3 years ago i saw big foot and gravedigger and this truckasaurus like thing that blew fire it was wikkid and there is no better place to get stupidly drunk

and yes its very loud

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
My girlfriend really wants to go, so if she can get work off early I'm going to buy us tickets and drive down there.

Not to brang, but I did in fact see Trackosaurus went I went to a similar event at Skydome when I was 12. It was incredible and when it blew flames you could feel the heat in the 25th row! Incredible experience.

matt

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
We're in the front row area. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm gonna bring earplugs.

Seeing my boyfriend at a montertruck rally is gonna be FUNNY shit :D

There's three of us going. And we are gonna get STUPID drunk. I've always wanted to go to one of these things.

We saw an add for it on tv, and he said how cool it would be too go (little did I know he meant it as a bad joke, as in how LAME) but i didn't get the joke and loved the idea and now we're going!!

HUZZAH!

~allie~

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
I'm going with some people.

I'm hyped.

It was the commercials that got us to go.. particularly the human cannon!

adam

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I went last year! It was fun - earplugs are a good idea - I don't think I will go again but it was good to go once :D HAVE FUN!

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
SUNDAY SUNDAYSUNDAY
werd, i went a few years ago with cheeka (our first time ever hanging out, lol) and we had a blast! bring earplugs, and make sure not to insult skid dad!!

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
... so the question of the night for us was... how much of this shit is fixed??

Obviously the quad wars, no question. And it seemed like the #1 rule was that Gravedigger takes all. But aside from that...?

Pretty fun, but I was tired of it by the demolition derby.

--adam

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by AGrayson
... so the question of the night for us was... how much of this shit is fixed??

Obviously the quad wars, no question. And it seemed like the #1 rule was that Gravedigger takes all. But aside from that...?

Pretty fun, but I was tired of it by the demolition derby.

--adam

no doubt, was my first time and i was thinking the same...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I've been to one with my father and brother al ong time ago.

It was a lot of fun.
extremely loud though.

that's all i remember about it.

Demolition Derby's are a lot of fun also. I went to one this school year bc it was the Lindsay Fair in September or October I can't remember the date.

Tons of fun :D

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
no doubt, was my first time and i was thinking the same...
Theres remarkably little info about it on the net.. though I saw a little blurb by a monster truck columnist that said while its not necessarily FIXED, there are concessions that the USHRA wants certain reliable cars in the finals all the time so nobody tanks in the middle of the track during the championship race.

adam

P.S. GIVE IT UP FOR THE HUMAN CANNON!!!!!!!

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by AGrayson
.S. GIVE IT UP FOR THE HUMAN CANNON!!!!!!!

DAVE THE BULLET!

I was routing for Cathy and her Suzuki in a Chevy body!!!!! (she won the race but konked out during the freestyle...)

AGrayson

TRIBE Member
I was originally rooting for Monster Mutt.. I liked the tongue and the ears. :D But then I ended up rooting for her. She seemed pretty cool.

I was surprised at how many people were there.. and what a big production the whole thing is (like, how many people are involved).

adam

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
wear shitty clothes and earplugs, you're going to get sprayed with dirt and deafened.

you should probably show up drunk too.

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vinder
werd, i went a few years ago with cheeka (our first time ever hanging out, lol) and we had a blast! bring earplugs, and make sure not to insult skid dad!!
look out for skid dad :eek: - haha

we should have gone this year and brought baby vinder :p!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories