1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Monopoly fail!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Wiseman, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

CBC News - Windsor - New Monopoly board features Canadian cities

This is such a big fail. They should have just done research into the actual value of properties instead of making it a questionable popularity contest. By not weighting the properties by at the very least population, aren't they shooting themselves in the foot in the sales department? I mean how does it make any sense for Toronto to be in the bottom 5 value properties?​

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

really, Chatham-Kent, Sarnia, AND Windsor. REALLY! talk about shit stain of Ontario.

*edit* i have come to the conclusion that monkeys were throwing darts at a map.

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I have the original Canadian monopoly board and if I recall correctly it wasn't even cites it had streets.

4. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Umm...dudes, barely anyone will buy a "Canadian Edition" Monopoly game except those in the towns that voted themselves in...

It's kind of a good idea to move some units.

5. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

I have the same one, and yes, it has streets.

6. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

i posted the link on here for people to vote for the cities they wanted to see on the monopoly board when this thing came out.
    its your own fault for not clicking and voting for toronto more. :p

I do think its dumb that its cities and not streets tho.

7. le bricoleur

le bricoleur TRIBE Member

I'm disappointed that Keswick and Deep River didn't make the board.

8. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

This really is an indication of where all the bored people are in Canada

9. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

"wohn wohn"

10. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Actually no. The fail begins at the marketing team that decided to forgoe actual market research in favour of an online voting scheme that has already been proven to be fundamentally flawed several times over by Stephen Colbert. Now they end up with a product that is only attractive to a few very small markets. The idea was really dumb from the beginning and the marketing people who came up with need to be fired.

11. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

This publicity stunt was brilliant. They took an outdated board game that was loosing popularity and turned it into front page news.

Someone will be getting a promotion.

12. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Anyone who is going to buy this game isn't going to NOT buy it because of reasons stated above.

who cares if a elementary school and high school in some small town voted 50,000 times and won, that's more units then they may sell here in Toronto anyhow.

I have a monopoly game, hell I have two and then the in laws have the Saskatchewan version at the cottage.

Meh!

13. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

I bought a Monopoly board this year and was pissed it had UK property's. It however is not as lame as this.