• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

monolake tour cancelled...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

derek

TRIBE Member
nooooo..... i was so looking forward to this.

i hope he gets better, soon.

cheers,

derek

musork

TRIBE Member
no wonder the show never got announced in montreal...thats shitty....oh well at least I have kraftwerk to look forward to...
:)

beta tester

TRIBE Member
Those in a 313 are just a little bit sadder today. But yes - Deadbeat, Akufen, Kooky Scientist and the rest will make up for it.

Now the question is - what's going to happen with the wabi show on the 13th?

musork

TRIBE Member
no update on the wabi site Im sure there will be one soon though if I know them they are on it like a roach to some bread crumbs...
:)

ian

TRIBE Member
Too bad. . .

Ah well, everyone over to my place. I'll make humming noises while someone else says "ping" and it will be close enough.

<ducks and runs>

:p

PS - Hope he gets better soon.

jus me

TRIBE Member
LOL @ Ian

tsk tsk

Hopefully monolake will get better soon and the tour will be on again!

i'm not sure whether i should've used postponed instead....but who knows now!

musork

TRIBE Member
yeah I heard he has tennitis and thats why he cancelled the tour
which also explains why he said that this was his last record and why he said he didnt want to tour any more after this...
tennitis is a shitty thing to have I had an ear infection recently for the first time in my life and that was bad enough imagine having a constant ringing in your ears... that really sucks...

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ian
Too bad. . .

Ah well, everyone over to my place. I'll make humming noises while someone else says "ping" and it will be close enough.

:|

I know you're joking, but come on. :p

FUCK!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! THIS WAS THE ONLY SHINING LIGHT IN THE FACT THAT I HAD TO CANCEL MY COTTAGE PLANS. NOW THERE IS NO SHINING LIGHT FOR BALDY. NONE. NO MONOLAKE TO CONSOLE MYSELF WITH.

NO. MONOLAKE.

N. O. M. O. N. O. L. A. K. E. :mad: :mad: :mad:

derek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
:|

I know you're joking, but come on. :p

FUCK!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! THIS WAS THE ONLY SHINING LIGHT IN THE FACT THAT I HAD TO CANCEL MY COTTAGE PLANS. NOW THERE IS NO SHINING LIGHT FOR BALDY. NONE. NO MONOLAKE TO CONSOLE MYSELF WITH.

NO. MONOLAKE.

no lake by the coattage either. unless that plan can be resurrected.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
No, I had to cancel my weekend plans because of work. :(

I'm fucking sad.

Thankfully the news of Mills touching down in March has brightened my day considerably. :D

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Oh yeah, I suppose the show will still go on, I forgot it was their anniversary party.

Yeah, for sure. I'll still hit it. :)

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
NOW THERE IS NO SHINING LIGHT FOR BALDY. NONE. NO MONOLAKE TO CONSOLE MYSELF WITH.

NO. MONOLAKE.

haha! too funny!

sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :p

*pat on baldy's back*

task

TRIBE Promoter
taken from the wabi website..

* monolake has cancelled his tour due to health reasons.
we wish robert all the best for a speedy recovery.

on the same date, and from the same host..
it is still wabi's 5 year anniversary...

we are pleased to announce what promises to be an evening of high celebration and intensity featuring a live performance by none other than akufen.

having gained worldwide acclaim following the release of his album 'my way' on force inc., the montreal native has gone on to release dozens of innovative tracks on labels such as perlon, trapez and oral and remix such artists as cabaret voltaire and luomo. catch marc live as he makes a very rare toronto appearance at our anniversary party.

friday february 13th.. 9pm.. surface.. 12 brant st.
$12 advance + before 11pm.. more after.. 19+

akufen > live [force inc., trapez, perlon, mutek.. montreal]
residents > nitsuji. otaku. ozawa. task

tkts > odyssey. soundscapes. kops. penguin. rotate this

http://www.wabi.org
mailto:info@wabi.org

blipblurpbleep

TRIBE Member
from the ableton forms:

Hello.
I decided to cancel the tour because i got a serious ear infection.
It went worse over the last three weeks and after each gig
(L.A an San Francisco ) i had a more severe ringing, distortion and
hearling loss in my right ear. I was really scared.
Now i am taking some nice colored antibiotic pills three times a day
and it seems to get better, but the message from the doctor was clear: no noise, no stress, etc or there is a good chance of some irreversible damage.
It was a very difficult decission for me and made a few promoter pretty upset but i do not think continuing the tour under theses circumstances would have been a good thing to do.

Robert /monolake

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
auhh well to monolake, last time i was not to impressed. so i kinda wrote the party off, and took a booking the same night.

And now akufen is coming !! Auhh ZUT!!!
I saw him at the demf last year - the whole crowd was bumpin'

Schisse Hausen !! well hopefully i can work it out so i can rush to the wabi party after.