• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Monitor/graphics issues

Lurker

TRIBE Member
"Windows - Display driver Stopped Responding
The s3sav2k display driver has stopped working normally.
Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display
functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about
this failure to Microsoft"

This is the message I get about once an hour when my screen resolution goes from normal (17" lcd flat screen) to 600x400 supersized resolution, and what looks like shitty EGA graphics.

I've poked around a bit, but can't really find anything odd. Could the monitor on be plugging and playing as well as it should. Just picked up this machine used recently.

Any ideas?

Pour water on it?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
"Windows - Display driver Stopped Responding
The s3sav2k display driver has stopped working normally.
Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display
functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog
will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about
this failure to Microsoft"

This is the message I get about once an hour when my screen resolution goes from normal (17" lcd flat screen) to 600x400 supersized resolution, and what looks like shitty EGA graphics.

I've poked around a bit, but can't really find anything odd. Could the monitor on be plugging and playing as well as it should. Just picked up this machine used recently.

Any ideas?

Pour water on it?

Do you have the proper driver for your monitor installed? Or just the generic XP one?

Lurker

TRIBE Member
jmaggs said:
Do you have the proper driver for your monitor installed? Or just the generic XP one?

generic, good point. I'll try and find a proper driver online when I get home.