• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Monika Kruse set for download

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Monika Kruse owns! Someone has to bring her in. Better yet, bring Patrick Lindsay along so that they can perform live! Can this dynamic duo do no wrong? They've never made a bad tune.

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
in your eyes and ears...everyone has a different take, personally i couldn't care less..

but

thats

IMPO.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I think Monika is one of the most consistent DJs out there. IMO her sets and her studio work (with Patrick of course) are always bang-on.

If you don't like her stuff, then that makes her consistently not so good...but still consistent. :)

and she works 3 decks quite flawlessly. I would love to hear her at Aria. (and have put the request in to jean fred many, many times.)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Oh yay 3 decks.. Such feat!!
Come on for once can it not be about stuff that is not signifigant. I can mix 3 decks or even 4 with out any errors. Its not just about that its about many things including flow, understanding of the music, originality, etc. But whatever its a pointless argument.

I dont have an opinion oh her though yet.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
Oh yay 3 decks.. Such feat!!
Come on for once can it not be about stuff that is not signifigant. I can mix 3 decks or even 4 with out any errors. Its not just about that its about many things including flow, understanding of the music, originality, etc. But whatever its a pointless argument.

I dont have an opinion oh her though yet.
Obviously - if she flawlessly worked 3 decks of crappy tunes that didn't flow well together, she wouldn't have much of a following, would she?

There are lots of DJs who incorporate 3+ decks as part of their style, but that certainly doesn't encompass all of it....and nor should it because many of them do not do it flawlessly. (ahem Mills)

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
in your eyes and ears...everyone has a different take, personally i couldn't care less..

but

thats

IMPO.
Thanks for letting the world know you have no idea as to what constitutes good techno.

NM

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Neo-Marxist
Thanks for letting the world know you have no idea as to what constitutes good techno.

NM

I think Tekkid has a better idea than you what good techno is.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
some of the early terminal m stuff was pretty dope,lately i find it pretty stale.i've heard a few of her mixes and they aint bad,nothing to write home about but good nonetheless.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
and why's that?

Because he is out there doing it instead of just bitching about it, supports true talent not just names, actually moves dance floors.

I won't argue as I stated before that taste is not subjective though, or that one sound should fit all people.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Because he is out there doing it instead of just bitching about it, supports true talent not just names, actually moves dance floors.

I won't argue as I stated before that taste is not subjective though, or that one sound should fit all people.
Do you personally know Neo-Marxist? Am I missing something?

If being a DJ means you know what good techno is, then y'all better take back the flaming you've done about DJs you just don't like...

And last time I checked, Monika was moving dancefloors all over South America during her last tour. Does that mean that she has good taste in techno, because she's out there living it, breathing it, making a career out of it??

Your argument has more holes than swiss cheese dude.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
OK maybe you should learn to read what I posted instead of trying to drudge me through your little petty bullshit . I never once said anything against your DJ Monika. I did say though that it's not about three decks in part of a post and why. I also said in each of my posts that taste is subjective and ended it with that.

So fuck you if you can't read because I have nothing to prove to you. Who you will like is not what I was on about to begin with.

Skipper

TRIBE Member

So fuck you if you can't read because I have nothing to prove to you. Who you will like is not what I was on about to begin with.
and this is why I hate this forum. every thread amounts in someone saying "fuck you" or "fuck that." Congrats dude, your attitude is bigger than mine. Happy?

I really just didn't understand your post - how someone knows what good techno is because they're a DJ - that doesn't make much sense.

I was using Monika as an example in my last post, btw.

(and actually - if I can't read, please explain this post - "I won't argue as I stated before that taste is not subjective ..." I guess I'm misreading that when I think you're saying that musical taste is objective, then?)

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
and this is why I hate this forum. every thread amounts in someone saying "fuck you" or "fuck that." Congrats dude, your attitude is bigger than mine. Happy?

I really just didn't understand your post - how someone knows what good techno is because they're a DJ - that doesn't make much sense.

I was using Monika as an example in my last post, btw.

(and actually - if I can't read, please explain this post - "I won't argue as I stated before that taste is not subjective ..." I guess I'm misreading that when I think you're saying that musical taste is objective, then?)

Style in music is personal.
Techniques Skills are something that can have rules applied to.
And yes my atitude is bigger than yours but don't take it to personal. There is not hate here, Only Love !

:D

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
only **I** know what good techno is.

thank you, and good night.

ps. skipper, you should check out this if you haven't already. much better than any of her livesets (which i've found *ok*)

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member

Actually big guy, I've been following Monika Kruse for quite a while.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ladd

TRIBE Member
define :

WHO THE FUCK CARES!

two things that people should learn from this thread, djax is hot, and if you dont have anything nice to say, why say anything at all?

what good comes out of negativity? more negativity.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ladd
define :

WHO THE FUCK CARES!

two things that people should learn from this thread, djax is hot, and if you dont have anything nice to say, why say anything at all?

what good comes out of negativity? more negativity.
Suck my dick fag!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders