• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

moms and dads - techno and house

d.code

TRIBE Member
Other than the odd story of hearing about a parent who likes Happy Hardcore (because its so happy)- it fills my heart with warmth to hear of moms and dads liking house or techno.. it makes me think that we are not a lost and wandering generation at all. You just gotta draw the line when you find them on E hugging everyone.

horray for moms and dads!

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
My dad likes to show up at nights that I do once in a while...he thinks he's cool cos he gets guest list

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Hawtin & The Fam's

Both my parents and my little sister have caught Hawtin with me over the years, and my mother is a Tenaglia comp' junkie. Sometimes good taste just runs in the family...

musork

TRIBE Member
my parents have shown up to many a night that Ive played at but that has only been a recent thing since I moved back to mtl it makes it easier for them to do so...
I often tell them not to bother but they show up any how...
in the long run it is a good thing as them now understand the difference between a party I am playing at and a party Im putting together as well as they have a better understanding of what I do as naw...beyond the records, reviews and press...
so it was a good thing it gave them a better understanding of what Im doing in general.....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
the only good music (IMO) that my moms listened to is old soul divas from the 70s (aretha, diana, patti, dionne, supremes...)

she has never understood what the rappers are saying,

never understood why someone would want to go to an empty warehouse in the middle of the night to listen to pounding dance music

and she never understood why my brother and his friends like to skank and hop around on one foot and elbow each other in a big pit of sweating punk funk.

fyi, she also reads People for the latest 'dillio' on J-Lo and thought that XXX with Vin Diesel was 'action packed'........!

(but I still love H.E.R.)

my dad only listens to what the radio is playing, never owned a cd or record in his life

and my step dad listens to cher, (got him the dvd for xmas, it made me feel ghey just buying it) barbara streissand, celine (!), al martino, and rod stewart......ouch

somehow I ended up with the music addiction gene......

My friend Scott tells me about when he saw Jeff Mills in Kalamazoo for that Sektor 616 and his grandparents and extended family were behind him in their sunday best outfits........as projections of the KKK on horses was looping on the screens behind the dj setup......he witnessed this all of this on detroit acid. fun.

:)

Destro

d.code

TRIBE Member
My friend Scott tells me about when he saw Jeff Mills in Kalamazoo for that Sektor 616 and his grandparents and extended family were behind him in their sunday best outfits........as projections of the KKK on horses was looping on the screens behind the dj setup......he witnessed this all of this on detroit acid. fun.
SHIZA!