• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mom accused of helping bake Ex-Lax cookies

kyfe

TRIBE Member
SKOWHEGAN -- A North New Portland woman accused of helping her daughter make cookies laced with the laxative Ex-Lax appeared before a judge Monday and pleaded innocent to a single charge of misdemeanor assault.

Julie E. Hunt, 43, wore blue prison garb and handcuffs as she pleaded not guilty before Judge Charles C. LaVerdiere in Skowhegan District Court on Monday morning.

Hunt was arrested Friday afternoon after a police investigation into an attempted prank at Carrabec Community School that caused four children in seventh or eighth grade to become ill.

Hunt is accused of baking the cookies with three girls, two aged 13 and one 14. The cookies were never eaten by the target of the prank, a teacher who had reportedly given one of the girls a low grade.

The cookies were left on the desk of the teacher on April 10, along with a note saying "We made these cookies just for you, hope you enjoy them."

The teacher shared them with students instead.

Attorney Janet Mills, who defended Hunt, said her client denied any involvement.

She also asked Judge LaVerdiere to relax Hunt's bail conditions so she could attend a disciplinary hearing for one of the girls.

Under her bail conditions, Hunt is not allowed to have contact with the teacher who was the target of the prank or with Mary Adley, the principal of Carrabec Community School.

LaVerdiere did allow Hunt to attend disciplinary hearings at the school.

According to an affidavit filed in Skowhegan District Court and signed by Maine State Trooper Hugh I. Landry, Hunt told the girls how to crush the laxative pills and add them to the cookie batter. They used an entire box of pills, according to the affidavit.

Adley found out about the incident when another student overheard two of the girls talking about it. Adley called police April 24.

Trooper Jonathan Wilson, who investigated the incident with Landry, arrested Hunt on Friday afternoon.

State police Lt. Dale Lancaster said Monday that the girls had not been charged for their part in the crime. According to the affidavit, all three girls were suspended by school officials.

In the eyes of the law, Hunt's involvement was not something that could be taken lightly, Lancaster said.

"If you assist children with perpetrating these kinds of crimes, you will be charged," Lancaster said.

Regina Campbell, superintendent of School Administrative District 74, said she could not comment because of concern for the students' confidentiality rights.

Monday afternoon, Hunt was in the Cumberland County Correctional Facility. She was being held on $100 bail related to the assault charge and for violating the terms of her probation related to a prior charge of driving as a habitual offender.

Alan Crowell -- 474-9534, Ext. 342

acrowell@centralmaine.com

hahahahaahaaah

awesome

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I had a buddy once bake a batch of weed cookies while his parents were away. His mom came back a day early and chowed down while they were cooling and he was upstairs.

A few hours later she could only rock on the couch and ask:

"Whaaaat did you dooooo to meeee?!"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

D-Rea

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
I had a buddy once bake a batch of weed cookies while his parents were away. His mom came back a day early and chowed down while they were cooling and he was upstairs.

A few hours later she could only rock on the couch and ask:

"Whaaaat did you dooooo to meeee?!"

bwahahahha!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
patri©k said:
wouldnt she have noticed the smell, taste and/or color of the cookies?
No...
An intern at my previous job, working in another group, brought weed cookies to work. His entire group basically chowed down on them without noticing. One girl, weighing all of 105lbs and having never smoked pot before (allegedly) had to be admitted to hospital she was so fucked. Since she couldn't say that she had ingested marijuana, they weren't able to tell what was wrong with her without tests.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

quantumize

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
i'VE HAD SOME WHERE YOU'D SWEAR THEY WERE CHOCOLATE CHIP

hahahahaha

ya i make some really convincing ones, i made most of the gr 10 girls gym class shit their asses back in high school

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
No...
An intern at my previous job, working in another group, brought weed cookies to work. His entire group basically chowed down on them without noticing. One girl, weighing all of 105lbs and having never smoked pot before (allegedly) had to be admitted to hospital she was so fucked. Since she couldn't say that she had ingested marijuana, they weren't able to tell what was wrong with her without tests.
OMG!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
hahahahaha

ya i make some really convincing ones, i made most of the gr 10 girls gym class shit their asses back in high school

mmmmmm

chocolate chip gym girls

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
No...

did they tell her she had gut rot?

quantumize

TRIBE Member
tomorrow @ work i'm going to put out a plate of fresh vegetables and a plate of ex lax cookies, and let peples bad habitsfuck them over

Skipper said:
No...
I'm telling you, this is the best story ever.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I don't know whatever happened to the guy...he was supposed to be charged and also expelled from his eng program at UofT.

I'm just sad I missed out.