• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

modeselektor

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

JK

TRIBE Promoter
I am very very excited for this show..... i have been a fan of john starlight's since his 'rip it' album dropped a few years ago (actually i think i loved his remix of sven vath's 'ghost' first...) His production is killer-- always quirky, raw, and full of untamed basslines. His vocals can be a bit cheesy at times but they usually work for me.

I missed him a couple years ago when he played Montreal but a friend told how amaing his set was and since I've been telling people to book this guy live... Unfortunately most people just remember zombie nation for that terrible kernkraft tune. I think this night will most definitely change that... I only hope the supporting acts can play up to the damage he will ensue. All the other music this night may be mellow in comparison.

Bring it on... I'm sooo hyped.

and hey Verg, I believe he uses a MPC4000 live not a laptop

praktik

TRIBE Member
Im getting really pumped as well!

Got onto this guy a bit late - his AWESOME record on Coccoon was my first Zombie Nation exposure (well I was listenin to his Starlight records for a while and didnt realize it was the same guy right away - gotta love an artist with two personas that REALLY DO sound different enough to warrant the different names).

Anyway that Cocoon record is awesome and Money Talks on UKW is pretty great too...

Soon come soon come!! w00T!

though may 27th I might end up at Woody Mcbride, the hard adrenaline techno is something I've been craving lately!

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
have the original kerkraft off of Gigolo...too bad it got all tranced remixed to death.

re: video

That was just a sock on his head, non? I was hopin for the pinhead shit

Destro
Destro

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

d.code

TRIBE Member
Im pretty sure he is performing live. On his site- it says he is DJing when billed as John Starlight. :D :D :D

I think he uses a sid station too.

Adopted

TRIBE Member
may 27 at the emlo!

Fukhouse is doing their thing at FW with Woody McBride this night, but modselektor is awesome!!!

who's in???

-tc-

zoo

TRIBE Member
it's a pretty varied lineup ... i was actually surprised that modeselektor were booked for this type of an event, and not another RMS show at the opera house or something

JK

TRIBE Promoter
^^ ha ha, you got it

the name if that track is "Holy Vol. 2" ;)

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!