1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Technology' started by KiFe, May 22, 2009.

1. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

for 70 bucks Bad Company just improved the graphics a bit from 1943 online otherwise it the same game fun but so cheddar maybe when I play with a squad it will be better I hope 360rs send me an invite if ur down Sloth42078

2. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

Double points weekend if any of you are still playing this game and give a shit

3. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Played FFA for the first time last night. Much nicer and controlled when there's 6 people playing, rather than people playing TDM-style in Demolition.

4. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

I tried FFA and enjoyed it too. The only problems I found were that there seemed to be a lot more connection fuckery as the host really gets a huge advantage.

Also, some of the maps are really not designed for it, as a sniper with cold blooded can dominate huge sections of the map.

5. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Activision has announced the second map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, named the Resurgence Pack, will be available for download first on Xbox Live starting June 3. The pack will arrive on PC and PlayStation 3 sometime later.

The Resurgence Pack will include five multiplayer maps. Pricing and map details were not announced.

6. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

Vacant is coming back LOVE that map but just like I LOVED that Crash was back, I'll grow to hate it quickly

and Strike was good and all but MEH

damn these asstards and making us pay for maps we already have

7. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Infinity Ward's community manager Robert Bowling revealed new details about the upcoming Resurgence Package, the second multiplayer map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

In an interview with Microsoft's Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, Bowling confirmed the pack will include three all-new maps and two previously released maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The pack will also cost $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points) and will be available first on Xbox Live starting June 3.

Here are the details on the three new maps:

Carnival – Desolate amusement park with excellent vantage points for snipers. It's "unlike anything we've ever done before," said Bowling. The map takes place during the daytime and includes all original art and model assets. Bowling added that the team really wanted to include this in the first map pack, but the team needed additional time for polish. It's a fairly large map and includes many set pieces, such as roller-coasters, a fun house, and bumper cars.

Trailer Park – Contains tight corridors and condensed areas. Very maze-like with obvious choke points. In context of the game, this map is the living quarters for the people who run the Boneyard level found in Modern Warfare 2's singleplayer campaign. The Boneyard will be viewable in the background.

Fuel – Completely unique from the other maps. The setting is an oil refinery and is split into two sections. One area is wide-open for snipers and the other half is a large warehouse with tight corridors. This map is almost as big as Overgrown from Call of Duty 4.

The two old maps are:

Vacant - Wide-open Russian complex and includes new visuals and details.

Strike - Urban town.