• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Modern Warfare 2

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
that looks pretty sweet...damn I wish they would have put that in the map pack

I also would like to see one of the maps turned into a night map a la W@W maybe a night time Terminal or Afgan would be sick!

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
that looks pretty sweet...damn I wish they would have put that in the map pack

I also would like to see one of the maps turned into a night map a la W@W maybe a night time Terminal or Afgan would be sick!
afgan would be awesome at night. I f'n hate that map in MW2 sooooo much.
Estate at night would be even awesomer. lol

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
ugh I hate estate big time! Afgan I used to hate the most but it's so easy to play now that I dont mind it as much

I HATE DERAIL the most

still very tempted to buy Bad Company, the only thing keeping me away is reading from everyone you need to be on a team or die...I dont want to rely on others when my team assuming I find one is not there....I like that in MW2 I can go all solo if I want with no worries.

also to your comment about MW v. MW2 on playing the level....you can totally do this on MW2 and I do it all the time....I have different strategies for each level, I never have to change it up much to adapt to the cheddarness of it all

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Ok this is ridiculous now.
Everyone and their mother is using a noob tube, and there's no challenge to the game anymore. It used to be people running around, jumping, dodging, weaving, now it's hide here and noob tube away till the cows come home! It takes the fun out of everything the game should be. I love MW2, nothing gives me more pleasure than a predator missle up someone's a-nous! But I think it's time for something else. I'm thinking Bad Company.

MW1 was never as bad as this BS
I like the new maps, I really do!
But the idea that I have to survive means that I have to noob tube my way around is not acceptable. And I know you players feel the same.

acheron

TRIBE Member
but wait, those things are only 2 shots a piece, right? Are they using tactical insertion and waiting to be killed? I mean, once they're done their two shots, they have to pretty much be killed in order to keep tubing yes?

not like they have one of these...

Shug

TRIBE Member
but wait, those things are only 2 shots a piece, right? Are they using tactical insertion and waiting to be killed? I mean, once they're done their two shots, they have to pretty much be killed in order to keep tubing yes?
Nope, you can use either the Scavenger (pick up the little blue raver backpacks that corpses drop) or One Man Army (small load time and you reset your ammo/loadout; including your 40-mike-mikes) perks to get around the ammo problem. OMA is more effective because you can stay in one place and camp long-range.

It's a pretty effective build when coupled with Danger Close. I'm surprised that it took this long for it to catch on, actually... when I was still playing, people were split between this or the Knife build.

My name is Hugh, and I'm a recovering MW2 addict. I've been Free and Clear for about 2 weeks now.

Last edited:

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Ok this is ridiculous now.
Everyone and their mother is using a noob tube, and there's no challenge to the game anymore. It used to be people running around, jumping, dodging, weaving, now it's hide here and noob tube away till the cows come home! It takes the fun out of everything the game should be. I love MW2, nothing gives me more pleasure than a predator missle up someone's a-nous! But I think it's time for something else. I'm thinking Bad Company.

MW1 was never as bad as this BS
I like the new maps, I really do!
But the idea that I have to survive means that I have to noob tube my way around is not acceptable. And I know you players feel the same.

Whats your name online Timmeh? We must have been in the same game last night. Noob Tube's were going off like crazy. My average life span was roughly 15-30 seconds.

On a good note, I set a new personal record with 23 kills! Im getting there!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Yeah the noob tubes is what killed the game for me a long time ago. MW2 has become how can I get my kill streaks and use those cool perks I set up for myself. After that it was the knife kills, but those i respect a lot more then the noob tube because there is somewhat of a skill with close quarter battles. Is there an option where you can turn off the noob tube and start a game that way?

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Whats your name online Timmeh? We must have been in the same game last night. Noob Tube's were going off like crazy. My average life span was roughly 15-30 seconds.

You sir a PS3 user, aren't you not? I'm an Xbox man

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Nope, you can use either the Scavenger (pick up the little blue raver backpacks that corpses drop) or One Man Army (small load time and you reset your ammo/loadout; including your 40-mike-mikes) perks to get around the ammo problem. OMA is more effective because you can stay in one place and camp long-range.

It's a pretty effective build when coupled with Danger Close. I'm surprised that it took this long for it to catch on, actually... when I was still playing, people were split between this or the Knife build.

My name is Hugh, and I'm a recovering MW2 addict. I've been Free and Clear for about 2 weeks now.
I'm guilty of this, but only for completing the challenges on the assault rifles. Yeah, the Scavenger makes it really easy to be deadly. But after a while it gets boring firing explosives, you want more action. Plus, the danger close perk means you're a target on radar and will get stabbed in the back.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member

Lol, maybe that was me. I was trying to finish off my One man army Pro perk last night and was demolishing people with the nube tube.

But I find it boring to use otherwise and I have never really had a problem with people over using it. If people are going crazy use the bomb mask thing. And for people who use the knife I just use a build with scavenger and claymores and set up traps with them and my shotgun. Even if they are using lightweight the click of the claymore tells me they are coming and my shotgun blows their head off.

I will say a guy was using the striker with FMJ and lightweight and he was doing 30/6 or better every round. But he did seem super glitchy even though everyones connection was good. I don't think the game can really handle lightweight without getting confused.