• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Modern Warfare 2

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
tempted to do that but I'm worried about liking that game a lot for the first bit then growing bored of it very quickly

man why can't May and the UFC game get here already!!!!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
supposedly it's fixed now but at first it was a random cycle of Sabotage, Search and Destroy, Headquarters Pro, Domination & Demolition....crap

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
still a random cycle of shit....TDM is in the cycle but I has one TDM match out of two days of solid playing time BS

in other news I wen 81-14-27 in a demolition match.....LOLS

Shug

TRIBE Member
Wait..... what?

The new maps are their own gamemode? They're not fed into the map pool for specific game types??

What kind of bullshit is that? I HATE Search & Destroy, Demolition, and Headquarters.

acheron

TRIBE Member
well think about it... not everyone is paying for the maps... so you can only play with people who have also paid for the maps...

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
@Shug yup...trust me I've cursed this shit for two days now

so frikin annoying. I wish I could drop a Stealth Bomber over IW's headquarters

acheron it does make sense but why not make it a seperate list for the new maps that you can choose what game mode you want instead of this random BS

Shug

TRIBE Member
Looks like I'm mos def not getting the maps now.

DLC Map packs will always fracture the install base, but there are ways to do it that are more game-friendly... I can't remember how they did it with CoD4, since I bought them on Day 1.

...Cod3 booted you from the lobby if you got cycled into a map you didn't own. Clunky, but I think I'd prefer that, to being forced to play game types that I don't like... environment and level is secondary to how I want to play the game. It's like they randomly choose your class kit before you spawn in the match - it's forcing you to play the game a certain way. Ugh. Bad design choice.

... How about proper matchmaking that bundles you into a lobby with other DLC owners? Oh wait, this is IW/MW2 we're talking about. :D

And add onto that, the fact that it's $15 for 5 maps (2 which are recycled)? I thought I was getting ripped off for $10 for 6 maps in CoD4. It's going to take a lot to get me to buy the next iteration, I think... CoD4 was the apex of the franchise, imho.

Ah wells, I have a stack of shrink-wrapped games to dig into... looks like I've finally got the monkey off my back.

FREE AND CLEAR. FEELS GOOD, MAN.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
by next week it will probably be in regular rotation but yeah it stinks

only good thing is now I discovered Demolition which is fun and you can get a insane amount of kills

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
by next week it will probably be in regular rotation but yeah it stinks

only good thing is now I discovered Demolition which is fun and you can get a insane amount of kills

I haven't seen it, b/c I haven't bought it, but I've heard the complaints.

I don't understand why they just didn't follow what Tryark did for WaW, where you could just select map pack and then pick the mode you wanted, like TDM. Random rotation is retarded.

I'm just annoyed that I can't play with most of my friends now, b/c they bought it and therefore I can't join with them anymore.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
--[Zirca]--;4345775 said:
I haven't seen it, b/c I haven't bought it, but I've heard the complaints.

I don't understand why they just didn't follow what Tryark did for WaW, where you could just select map pack and then pick the mode you wanted, like TDM. Random rotation is retarded.

I'm just annoyed that I can't play with most of my friends now, b/c they bought it and therefore I can't join with them anymore.
thats really my only complaint and if/when they put it into regular rotation they don't make it that it boots the person who doesnt have it thats retarded...

you can play with your friends but thats only if they want to leave the new map rotation

I miss W@W when in big red letters it would say

JayzBored doesn't have the map pack lol

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I'm not getting the maps. Fool me once...

The only problem with other FPS war games is they don't feel realistic enough compared to COD, however, I guess the fun factor, usability, and non-crashing elements make it better. But yet, I still come back for more crashing.

I might just sell the game while its somewhat hot. I've still got both Uncharted's to start after AA.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
i'll get it when im done the mass effect 2 insanity. i needed the break.

and have you caught up to my time played/score yet? i know you'll never match my k/d ratio :p
I have passed your score and kills in about a days less playing time and I will pass your K/D, only .10 away now and I dont need a heartbeat sensor to do it

I AM A HEARTBEAT SENSOR!