1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Technology' started by KiFe, May 22, 2009.

1. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

This thread was going to get started eventually... I figured i'd take the honour of being the author.

May 24th should see 2mins of gameplay footage during some commercial break of the eastern conference something something basketball?

Anyhoo. I'm excitedly awaiting Nov2009 so that i can spend another 12+days of my life playing a videogame.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

2. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

I heard the second level is a black screen that says 'GOTCHA' and then you go back to World War 2.

3. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

you're thinking of COD6

4. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

5. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

I finally got two of my buddies to buy COD4. They were both blown away by how good it is. Now I just have to get them trained up so they can play with me when MW2 comes out.

6. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

7. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

wow.. .that looks in-fucking credible!
    I take back what i said about graphics in previous posts... that shit just looks awesome.

I don't like that they're already talking about expansion maps though... i'm all for DLC packs, but really, announcing one before the game is already released means that they're selling us a game with missing pieces. I'm paying full price, give me the whole fucking game, right off the bat.

btw.. here's a higher quality vid

8. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

9. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I have been playing COD4 lately more than 5, and must say I really missed this game.

10. philly

philly TRIBE Member

I'm the same way. Got COD5 a couple of month ago and I always seem to come back to COD4.

11. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

anyone have an original of COD4 XBOX360 they want to sell me?

12. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Holler at me when you are online, gamertag:sheiker

I just got two of my friends to buy it and we are learning how to play.

13. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I'm nrdklr, I'll be online late tonight and usually late in the evenings or weekend. I'll def add you.

I was thinking the other day "when will I stop playing video games?". Then this MW2 video comes out- and I thought "well, not for a while now!" :D

14. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

funny enough, i traded in COD4 today.

15. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Never tried the COD4 online. I kinda got bored of COD5 online after reaching level 40. Suffice to say, I just learned that playing Headquarters instead of Ground War nearly doubles your points per game. I've really wasted my time when I could've had the PPSH SMG sooner.

It seems like the numbers are dwindling down for COD5 (40K+) from 2 months ago (75K+).

16. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

17. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

Yeah, pretty ridiculous (thought it was fake at first).

But I do like the steelbox included in the Hardened edition, and if any game is worthy of a special edition (would be my first), it's god damn COD4's sucessor.

18. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

Hahahahahahaha

19. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Anyone link the deets since Kotaku is blocked from work?

20. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

the usual limited edition crap (metal case, art book, etc), COD1 download code, plastic head sculpture upon which to rest novelty (working) night vision goggles. (posted in video game news thread)

21. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

22. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

those would be good for camping

f4gg0t c4mp3r!! LOLOL

23. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

okay i'm mister skeptical (and mister switch) but I could'nt help but smile watching this .... looks like it has more depth than before, for sure. Many little details to enjoy. I'm now officially hopeful for this title.

24. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

i think I just wet my pants! man do I ever need a girlfriend b4 this game comes out...lol

25. bkxb

bkxb TRIBE Member

hoooooooly fuuck