• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Modern Warfare 2

KiFe

TRIBE Member
This thread was going to get started eventually... I figured i'd take the honour of being the author.

May 24th should see 2mins of gameplay footage during some commercial break of the eastern conference something something basketball?

Anyhoo. I'm excitedly awaiting Nov2009 so that i can spend another 12+days of my life playing a videogame.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
I finally got two of my buddies to buy COD4. They were both blown away by how good it is. Now I just have to get them trained up so they can play with me when MW2 comes out.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/modern-warfare-2-gamplay-excites-even-in-its-barely-visible-sta/

New gameplay; snowmobiles and whiteout conditions with a body heat detector.

wow.. .that looks in-fucking credible!
I take back what i said about graphics in previous posts... that shit just looks awesome.

I don't like that they're already talking about expansion maps though... i'm all for DLC packs, but really, announcing one before the game is already released means that they're selling us a game with missing pieces. I'm paying full price, give me the whole fucking game, right off the bat.

btw.. here's a higher quality vid

kuba

TRIBE Member
I'm nrdklr, I'll be online late tonight and usually late in the evenings or weekend. I'll def add you.

I was thinking the other day "when will I stop playing video games?". Then this MW2 video comes out- and I thought "well, not for a while now!" :D

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Never tried the COD4 online. I kinda got bored of COD5 online after reaching level 40. Suffice to say, I just learned that playing Headquarters instead of Ground War nearly doubles your points per game. I've really wasted my time when I could've had the PPSH SMG sooner.

It seems like the numbers are dwindling down for COD5 (40K+) from 2 months ago (75K+).

bkxb

TRIBE Member
Yeah, pretty ridiculous (thought it was fake at first).

But I do like the steelbox included in the Hardened edition, and if any game is worthy of a special edition (would be my first), it's god damn COD4's sucessor.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
Anyone link the deets since Kotaku is blocked from work?
the usual limited edition crap (metal case, art book, etc), COD1 download code, plastic head sculpture upon which to rest novelty (working) night vision goggles. (posted in video game news thread)

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr

okay i'm mister skeptical (and mister switch) but I could'nt help but smile watching this .... looks like it has more depth than before, for sure. Many little details to enjoy. I'm now officially hopeful for this title.