• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mixtapes coming at you

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Recording right now:

LL Bishop @ United We Stand (New Year's Eve 96/97)

Planned for today:

Frankie Bones @ Industry
Frankie Bones "Pump it"
Vitamin D "Dose Sessions"
Robert De La Gauthier @ Industry

The Mixtape Archive

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Nice Trev!

I think I used to have that LL Bishop...I look forward to hearing that one. I think I have all the others except for Robert de la Gauthier @ Industry. The only Gauthier I have is from Phryl.

Thanks for doing these..can't wait to listen.:)

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Recording right now:

Vitamin D "Dose Sessions"

I just grabbed some more titles from one of my boxes in the closet...

Vitamin D "Earwax 4"
Robert De La Gauthier "Phryl Presents..."
Terry Mullan "Live at Freakin Part 1 & 2"
Terry Mullan "Live at Get Down Again Part 1 & 2"
Cevin Fisher "Solid Summer Finale 1997"
Vitamin D "Breaks in Denver"
Frankie Gunns "Damage Volume 2" (AKA the only Drum'n'Bass tape I still have and like)

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax

Frankie Gunns "Damage Volume 2" (AKA the only Drum'n'Bass tape I still have and like)
you doing DnB too? i've got some more for you, if that's the case...

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by seeker
you doing DnB too? i've got some more for you, if that's the case...
Not really. I was just going to sneak this one by because it was the only one that made the cut.

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
I can't tell you how awesome I think you are for sharing all this with us...I'm sitting here listening to Mullan's set From NYE 96 and I am having flashbacks! You rock dude!!!!

~Leslie~

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I think it's the second track in...perhaps my fav track of my entire party career..reminds me of a thousand party memories...*sigh*

I am gonna listen to this mix many times over.

Yay Trevor..thanks.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
5 minutes left on...

Myka - Stomp Volume 2

planned for today but not 100% sure how many I'll get done...

Marinko Jareb - Untitled
Jelo - Untitled
Drift - Untitled ( Tape 1)
Felix Da Housecat - Live at Liquid Adrenaline Time Warp 3
NK & Venom - B2B

uploading now...

Cari Lekebusch - Live @ Phyrl Progress

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I'm just listening to the Felix mix...holy shit I love this old sound! This was such a good party. I remember Vitamin D was there as well- Aug 98.

Gonna listen to Myka's mix next.

Am I the only one that is going all mental over these old mixes?

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Nice!

Maybe I should check my collection to see what mixes I could mail to you to add to the collection.

You are one of the few I would trust with my tapes since I know you appreciate them and baby them as much as I do.

ps. This Myka mix rocks!

mikie

TRIBE Member
my first candy-flip years ago was at a robert de la gauthier party in toronto.. might have ben phryl - kinda hard to remember. he dropped a track that repeated "the switch" or something to that regard over and over. the room was dark, very minimal sounds, and when the track built, the voice boomed "when i flip the switch it turns on the lights" and the whole room lit up and came alive with moving lights, colour etc... it was absol-lutely one of the most intense moments at a party i can ever remember.... kinda remember.

would love to get my hands on some old sets of his.

re-archiving stuff like this as one medium fades, and the next replaces it is soooo important. It's the only way we can ensure some little bit of what that era was gets passed on. It takes a crap load of effort to do the job, and it's so deeply appreciated.

Cheers

Mikie

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mikie
my first candy-flip years ago was at a robert de la gauthier party in toronto.. might have ben phryl - kinda hard to remember. he dropped a track that repeated "the switch" or something to that regard over and over. the room was dark, very minimal sounds, and when the track built, the voice boomed "when i flip the switch it turns on the lights" and the whole room lit up and came alive with moving lights, colour etc... it was absol-lutely one of the most intense moments at a party i can ever remember.... kinda remember.

would love to get my hands on some old sets of his.

re-archiving stuff like this as one medium fades, and the next replaces it is soooo important. It's the only way we can ensure some little bit of what that era was gets passed on. It takes a crap load of effort to do the job, and it's so deeply appreciated.

Cheers

Mikie

I have the Rob dela tape you want it's in line o be recorded. it's going slow lately though as it's stupidly time consuming and i dont have time right now.

Just added...

Sunkissed - Live 2000

uploading now...

Greg Gow - Blue