• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mixtapes coming at you

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
I found a bunch the other day..

Angels in Big Pants and Sassafrass present
DEJA VU.

I think that was his first mix, the one with TLB Jr (DJ T1000 mix) etc. etc. .. I could be wrong though, I'll have to give 'er a listen.
Angels in big pants through killer parties.

One of my fav party memories of all times was their Pacemaker party Aug 97 at the old banquet hall on St. Clair. You had to go to a secret meeting point and from there they gave you a map to get you to the party. At the door when you paid, you got a pill with your entrance fee. One of the best dance sessions of my life. Brandon C aka Deja vu was off the hook. The whole place clapped for like 10 minutes when his set was done. Very memorable.

I want that 420 sessions mix so bad!

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
holy shit, Angels in big pants.

Adam and beth...etc...

the St.Clair party is the one that got busted, no?

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
now recording another Marinko tape...from the 1998-99 time i think. under his moniker Machine. very minimal/detroit and very tastey!

concept/svek/plus 8/ersatz/trope/m-plant/maurizio

you get the idea ;)

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Angels in Phat Pants wasn't it?

Adam and Beth are great kids... wow, haven't seen them in LARGE! Actually, last time I saw Adam out at a club he was wearing leather pants... I think I bugged him for a while about that - so funny after seeing him in huge raver pants ever since I'd known him... heh heh.

;)

Infrared was a killer party.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
BTW Trev... we're listening to that TM - Straight Jackin' at work, so nice... bet it makes you want to break out the white gloves again eh?!

:p

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Kid
BTW Trev... we're listening to that TM - Straight Jackin' at work, so nice... bet it makes you want to break out the white gloves again eh?!

this is a good idea...

where are my gloves and sunglasses?

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by The Kid

i have some really bad white glove pictures which will remain safely in my possession until I die.

I'm glad that's all there was

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I have some pics of you in gloves Trevvy.

As I stated in the DJ mixes forum .. I like money and you can give me some :)

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
several more uploads done

3 more tapes recored tonight

working on a Charles Masters tape right now...no clue which one... I think he gave it to me as he was friends with my upstate new york buddies and came up with them alot. anyway...good tape. lots of acid and trippy chunky house/techno. poor sound quality as i think it was eaten a few times by renegade tape decks but it's one of those tapes that never gets retired.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
^Nice Trevor..I so love Charles Masters!

I love the tape I have of his..dunno what year. It's white with black writing. One of my very fav tapes.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
now recording Terry Mullan's New School Fusion(Syrous 2 Year)

his best tape

next up probably some of my Frankie Bones

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
^we have so many of the same tapes.

Back when the majority the parties were at the warehouse I spent hours at the tape stand buying tapes every single weekend from Tim (dj Spice).

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax

his best tape

remindinate me when i'm at home and i'll send you more of those tapes.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax

his best tape

Oh how I missed this tape!

I am listening right now...holy crap it's f***ing amazing man!

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
either done uploading or uploading now:

Christian Smith @ Phryl 1998
Carl Cox @ Utopia 1996
Frankie Bones - Energy Force
Smokin Jo - Electric Orange Juice
Isaac S - Rush 2000

I'll update the page tomorrow with the links to these tapes