• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mixing with vestax pdx2000's

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
What about the new ones with the different platter ? Has anyone tried those ?
And what about the new Technics Mk5 wi the +/- 8 or 16 pitch control ? Anyone used'em yet ?

Dave

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ondie

TRIBE Member
interesting.. I own 1200's and was just playing around with my friend's PDX-A1s (predecessor to the 2K) and was amazed at teh anti-skip ability.

I like my 12's, but the PDX's are nothign to shake a stick at. At the end of the day, pro's don't complain about their equipment ;)

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards

Yeah they do. Shit equiptment is shit equiptment, no matter how pro you are.

That's like saying Rodney mullen wouldn't complain if he had to ride some peice of shit board from Toys R Us. Sure, he COULD ride it, but it'd suck.

Crappy equitpment can inhibit your ability to preform to your maximum potential. Plain and simple. Like belt drive turntables. Those suck ass, and would ruin any turntablists preformance.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TheDirtBikeKid
What about the new ones with the different platter ? Has anyone tried those ?
And what about the new Technics Mk5 wi the +/- 8 or 16 pitch control ? Anyone used'em yet ?

Dave

I saw them advertised on the US DJ Depot site selling for approx. $900 american.

The only differences I noticed in the features list as the aforementioned pitch adjustment, and the fact that there was no notch for 0.

...definitely not worth the $900 US price tag. Who is going to use +/- 16% pitch anyway? Just in case you want to try and make house sound like hardcore?

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
On the topic of the pdx-2000's, I used them once, and at the time I hadn't really been DJing for very long, but I noticed it did have a really strong start-up tourque, but the pitch was too sensitive.

This is just an apples and oranges argument. Some people swear by them, and some people get offended when you like them. I have a friend that literally swears by his Numark TTX-1's.

Que Sera

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
I saw them advertised on the US DJ Depot site selling for approx. $900 american.

The only differences I noticed in the features list as the aforementioned pitch adjustment, and the fact that there was no notch for 0.

...definitely not worth the $900 US price tag. Who is going to use +/- 16% pitch anyway? Just in case you want to try and make house sound like hardcore?

not everyone plays house.. even on tribe...

Jay

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
You completely, and utterly missed my point.

....but that's ok....

Maybe you should lay off the E

Last edited:

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tablist
Like belt drive turntables. Those suck ass, and would ruin any turntablists preformance.

no way.. i can mix like nobody else on my Technics SL-BD22's :D

tablist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by marcinm
no way.. i can mix like nobody else on my Technics SL-BD22's :D

I prefer those old skool phonogragh things with the speaker attatched right to it. You can drop some dope skratches on those!:D

AshG

Originally posted by Mr_Furious

i would.
its the one complaint i have with technics.
well, that, and the startup/stop is a little slower than it could be.

i'm a big fan of the 12s though, and up until this week, i hadn't come across anything that would justifty thinking about something else.

but i was trying the newmarks this week, and holy shit do they change speeds fast.
i find the one thing you have to be concerned with, when playing with technics, is that there is a lag with changing the pitch. you can hear it if you're speeding up or slowing down a ton.

but with these numarks, they did it so fast you couldn't hear the difference.
that is worth it to me.