• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

mixer q - analog/digital?

atomic

TRIBE Member
hi,
I'm using a numark tt200 to spin a modest record collection at home for fun. eventually I'm planning on getting a matching deck. I just grabbed a dxm01usb mixer because I like the idea of having a digital option for another input, as well as the easy capability to send records/mixes to my laptop. going through the mixer, I find that the records sound much flatter than being plugged right into my receiver and I'm a little disappointed with that.

should I be considering a more expensive mixer to match the sound quality I'm looking for? should I go with a straight analog mixer?

any opinions would be appreciated!

a

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
atomic said:
hi,
I'm using a numark tt200 to spin a modest record collection at home for fun. eventually I'm planning on getting a matching deck. I just grabbed a dxm01usb mixer because I like the idea of having a digital option for another input, as well as the easy capability to send records/mixes to my laptop. going through the mixer, I find that the records sound much flatter than being plugged right into my receiver and I'm a little disappointed with that.

should I be considering a more expensive mixer to match the sound quality I'm looking for? should I go with a straight analog mixer?

any opinions would be appreciated!

a
Do what I did on my last mix and use 3 Audio Research Phono Stages with Audiophile needles. I used a digital mixer at 24 bit 96 khz and it was the best sounding I have ever heard.