• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Mixed Bag

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Quickly becoming one of my favorite nights. All the usual suspects out, and some of the more unusual ones (ie. ones I never see: France, Alicia, Amanda). I had a great time; Dave's set was giving me Breakfest flashbacks, and I don't know who was on after but he was absolutely on fire!!! some sweet dnb to top off the night. Dr. Funk MD, great to finally meet you, sorry I had to bail early. And thanks to the sweet bartender for not booting me out for lighting up on your patio - I FORGOT! sorry :)
can't wait till the next one.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
Quickly becoming one of my favorite nights. All the usual suspects out, and some of the more unusual ones (ie. ones I never see: France, Alicia, Amanda). I had a great time; Dave's set was giving me Breakfest flashbacks, and I don't know who was on after but he was absolutely on fire!!! some sweet dnb to top off the night. Dr. Funk MD, great to finally meet you, sorry I had to bail early. And thanks to the sweet bartender for not booting me out for lighting up on your patio - I FORGOT! sorry :)
can't wait till the next one.
Wanted to go.. :(
Will catch you at the next one!! :D

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
damn church bazaars.....i cant believe i missed one,im making up for it nexdt time as i will be droppin some old skewl breaks...cant wiat

see ya all at MIF tonight!!!!

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
The bar was nice and suited the evening quite well. They were missing my favorite brands of beer, but Amsterdam Light was a pleasant surprize.

The music was a powerful blast from the past, Dave Saddler captured the sound very well. No surprize there, he's one of the best.

Zirca killed. I have grown a hatred for jungle over the years, but I would listen to this guy play anyday of the week. I was really happy with this stellar track selection and he mixed in some pretty serious drops too.

The night got a little sloppy for me by the end, too many pitchers to blame. Sneaky Dee's afterwords was a huge mistake. I had not been there in several years, and I don't know if there was some sort of mystic transformation that occured............but my meal was complete ass, and that is saying alot because I was very drunk and very hungry at the time. I got the chicken quesadillas, it was one of the worst dishes I've had at a restaurant ever. While dinning I spotted Dr.Funk standing on the corner, so I started banging on the glass, then went outside to chat about music for a bit, which also offered a nice break from the meal from hell.

This turned into a bit a restaurant review innit?
Bottom line is the night was great!

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
^ glad you made it out, Matt. The Sneaky Disease is right down the street from me, I think once you move here we'll have to go for some greasy nachos to celebrate!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

noodle

TRIBE Member
case sensitive said:
Zirca killed. I have grown a hatred for jungle over the years, but I would listen to this guy play anyday of the week. I was really happy with this stellar track selection and he mixed in some pretty serious drops too.

I totally agree. Loved his set.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
case sensitive said:
The bar was nice and suited the evening quite well. They were missing my favorite brands of beer, but Amsterdam Light was a pleasant surprize.

The music was a powerful blast from the past, Dave Saddler captured the sound very well. No surprize there, he's one of the best.

The night got a little sloppy for me by the end, too many pitchers to blame. Sneaky Dee's afterwords was a huge mistake. I had not been there in several years, and I don't know if there was some sort of mystic transformation that occured............but my meal was complete ass, and that is saying alot because I was very drunk and very hungry at the time. I got the chicken quesadillas, it was one of the worst dishes I've had at a restaurant ever. While dinning I spotted Dr.Funk standing on the corner, so I started banging on the glass, then went outside to chat about music for a bit, which also offered a nice break from the meal from hell.

This turned into a bit a restaurant review innit?
Bottom line is the night was great!
You were there? That would have been too funny :p .

Crappy thing is, I passed out at 11 and woke up at 1... Hung out with the pooch on the deck as I was having a cig, and then went back to bed.. So in that time, the amount of work I got done was nil!! I should have forced myself to go..

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i had a blast...i'd been meaning to hit this up from the first gig, but had other plans over the past few months.

I was pleased with the venue...the patio is wicked.

Big up Zirca. Sick set and a happening monthly social :)

JESuX

TRIBE Member
sara chan you were a calamity last night woman! and i was drunk as tits too, so that's saying a lot!

:p

but i liked your shirt. and jane arbour looked hot as sin.

i think there was some music, i can't be sure.

*rubs brain*

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
I felt like a local celebrity on Friday night. Everyone was running from across the room, grabbing me while I tried to head to the washroom, banging on the glass at street corner restaurants, trying to woo me back to their house. I don't think I'll ever feel that cool again...

So to put it plainly, I had an awesome time.

zee

TRIBE Member
good times
zirca played a fucking awesome set that took me back to when i first started to get into jungle

lots of friendly faces. good to meet some new ones as well!

i love you racist-jane!

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
no dave saddler.. for such a cute guy I took some really bad pics of him. his set of fuckin awesome.. all the music was!

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Wow, thanks for all the positive comments guys. I definitely had the most fun playing this night of the three Mixed Bags that have gone down to date. I guess not being so drunk does have a positive impact on mixing ability :rolleyes: who da thunk it ;)

Baby K and Dave Saddler laid down some amazing sets. Baby K took it back to the oldskool with some killer funk tracks and all those hip-hop tunes you hadn't heard in ages. The highlight for me was Kriss Kross, classic. Dave then stepped up and dropped a BOMB of a breaks set. Reminded me why I love the old funky breaks SOOOO much. I think similar feelings were shared with everyone else in the place.

Thanks to everyone who has supported Mixed Bag to date. The thing I like the most of the night is the crowd, well and the great Dj's that graciously agree to touch down. The nights actually become exactly what I hoped it would...a gathering of friends who share a similar, diverse interest in music. no bullshit, no attitude, just good times. ch33se, maybe, but I think most would agree.

The next jam is going down July 7th (for those who haven't noticed, it's the first Friday of every month) and we have some special guests on the roster. In addition to Baby K and myself, Mr. Doublecross will be swinging by, not for some liquid funk, but instead a night of Reggae. In addition to Rob, we'll also have tribes one and only Basketballjones bringing some of the oldskool breaks business, so it should be quite the night.

Until then,
Dan
djzirca.com
myspace.com/zirca

Last edited: