• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

mission friggin impossible - plain white table cloth

rhyss

TRIBE Member
So I have decided that I need a plain white table cloth for my dining room tabke. How hard could that be to find. Every fine eating establishment has them, they should be a dime a dozen......nope. I have been seaching for two days at every conceivable place that I can think of and have come up empty handed. Apparently, I can rent on but not own one.

So I am hoping that the good people of Tribe can help me. I am looking for a new rectangular (approx. 150cm x 220cm) plain white poly or poly/cotton table cloth with no patterns (brocade or jaquard), no lace, no line work and no additional colors added. Here is where I have looked:

Ikea, Zellers, Walmart, Kensington market, Chinatown.

I would like it tomorrow so ebay is out of the question. Without having to smuggle one under my shirt at brunch tomorrow, can anyone point me in the right direction...please....

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
hah i was just about to suggest eBay until...

are you downtown? what about Eaton Centre? i'd think that there would be one somewhere between Sears and the Bay.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
i thought the same about chinatown. Restaurant supply as far as the eye could see. I even went into a place that specialized in linen in kensington. They had product from floor to the ceiling. When I asked for a plain white table cloth he pulled out a brocade one.

My neigbour said she would forget to return one when she does her next catering gig, but I don't think she remembers.

sauce

TRIBE Member
I as well had a hell of a time finding the proper table cloth. However i was looking for a perfectly square one, which apparently isn't that common. But for what your looking for i saw many, but i was looking at like Home Sence and stores like that. If your feeling up to it, i'm almost positive that you can find one at Home Sence but i think youd have to go out to the burbs for that.

Hope that helps.

peace

sauce

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I was thinking about heading into the italian area of st.clair...but I think I will find more lace then I would be comfortable around.

Homesense might be an idea. It can be hit or miss though. Back to Etiobicoke tomorrow!!!

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
i found one at zellers for a dinner table for my work for our wine displays,

was 18.00 they had a square design, rectangle, and circular,

have you tried sears

also it may be a longshot, but call hotels like the holiday inn who use them, find out their lined suppliers, , i know we use one at my restaurant called canadian linen, i think there is one i always see driving around, called cintas "the uniform people", these guys carry all the goodies you would need for a restaurant, and sometimes they sell off old ones cheapie!!!

google it
and good luck

gk

rhyss

TRIBE Member
djglobalkiller said:
i found one at zellers for a dinner table for my work for our wine displays,

was 18.00 they had a square design, rectangle, and circular,

have you tried sears

also it may be a longshot, but call hotels like the holiday inn who use them, find out their lined suppliers, , i know we use one at my restaurant called canadian linen, i think there is one i always see driving around, called cintas "the uniform people", these guys carry all the goodies you would need for a restaurant, and sometimes they sell off old ones cheapie!!!

google it
and good luck

gk
I didn't see any at Zellers yesterday, but I guess it depends on the location. I am going to try Homesense and Home Outfitters tomorrow. I just hoped that someone here might have sen them elsewhere. Thanks for the info man