• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Miss Honey Dijon @ Sonic

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
HOly shit what the fuuuuuuuuck was that!!!!!!
I haven't danced that hard since...i dont know when!! First off honey came and talked at our seminar along with Charles Lewis and it was such a success so thanks to them for coming....
We drank at the taste of little italy and harrassed all the crazy italians an then headed over to Sonic...First off...Love THE SPACE!! i haven't been there since it opened and i was really impressed. Also really impressed with the door staff, their attitude and professionalism. Secondly I LOVED the crowd there. Totally Reminiscent of the old BOA. Gay, straight...everyone mingled and was super friendly. Also kudos to sonic handing out all those free popsicles at 5 am!
But holy shit when Honey came on she BLEW the roof off. With it being hotter then hell in there i have no idea how we danced for 5 hours, only going for two cigarettes. I've never been so drenched in my entire life but it was COMPLETELY worth it. If i could get arecording of that set i'd listen to it every day.
my legs still hurt but i still have that beat in my head :D

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
But holy shit when Honey came on she BLEW the roof off. With it being hotter then hell in there i have no idea how we danced for 5 hours, only going for two cigarettes. I've never been so drenched in my entire life but it was COMPLETELY worth it. If i could get arecording of that set i'd listen to it every day. my legs still hurt but i still have that beat in my head :D
Wow I didn't think anyone was going to post a review of this ... !

Truly an incredible night, the transition from Cajmere (sp) to Honey was insane, a friend of mine said it best when he describer the transition: as soon as Honey took over the decks, even with the same record playing, she only had to make a few changes to the track and all of the energy changed. What a great set - hard, driving, tribal with some vocals peppered in for flavour :)

I started sweating like crazy within 5 mins of being on teh dancefloor and had to strip down to the basics. Ditto it being worth it though, after 4 hours I left feeling completely cleansed. There were some great dancers out, including my crazy sister Kris and some new friends Howie and Jordan ... killer energy.

why not

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
Sonic is by FAR one of my favourite venues in toronto now
seconded.

i don't even like gay tribal house, but i like this place.
next week = the hacker, and dimitri from paris on different nights - yay!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
why not said:
last time i was there it was pretty comfortable (for a sweaty danceclub)
Ditto last weekend at Sonic ... apparently the reason it was so hot this time was because they only turned on the ac at 2am or some equally late hour ...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
When I was there for DJ Vibe I was actually pretty chilly at the back! but it was cool out that night.

This Saturday will be a sweatbox for sure.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
the Doctor said:
Ditto last weekend at Sonic ... apparently the reason it was so hot this time was because they only turned on the ac at 2am or some equally late hour ...
The two times I've been there, which were sparsely and decently attended respectively, it was too freakin' cold. Too hot can be bad, but so can chilly...

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Ok, so I don't give a shit about the A/C, I want to know what she played, more than one style, transitions, etc etc

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
best part ever was her mix of groove is in the heart...she kept building it and building it with the
"The chills that you
Spill up my back
Keep me filled with
Satisfaction when we're done
Satisfaction of what's to come"

but she never let it drop. i swear to god it was like building to an orgasm...she just never let the mother fucker drop!

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
best part ever was her mix of groove is in the heart...she kept building it and building it with the
"The chills that you
Spill up my back
Keep me filled with
Satisfaction when we're done
Satisfaction of what's to come"

but she never let it drop. i swear to god it was like building to an orgasm...she just never let the mother fucker drop!
Tedd Patterson played the exact same track a few weeks back.... Twisted and funky at the same time..love it.