• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Miss Honey Dijon @ Sonic

Skipper

TRIBE Member
This happens to fall on the weekend after my lsat so I think I'll be breaking out of my lsat induced retirement for this one.

I haven't heard honey live - what should I expect?

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
This happens to fall on the weekend after my lsat so I think I'll be breaking out of my lsat induced retirement for this one.

I've seen her 4 or 5 times and to be honest, and although she has been good at times, the last straw for me was the Armen Van Helden show at the Docks 1.5 yrs ago. She sucked....BAD.

noodle

TRIBE Member
OutcastTO said:
She sucked....BAD.
Agreed. I've seen her twice and both times I left thinking WTF?

I find she spins pretty much everything, but predominantly tribally circuit house.

I'm all for eclectic styles, but I found her sets have had completely no direction or flow. Just when you're getting into one style, BOOM! She switches to another. Very frustrating.

Fun DJ to watch though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deevah

TRIBE Member
skipper, i'm not so sure you'd dig her knowing what your preferences are. Not to say honey doesn't have her following but it might not be your bag.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Really?
because I do enjoy my fill of circuit house, and I've been told she is a harder edgier version of that.
Obviously I'm not expecting minimal techno. (though I can only hope for a proper sound system like that to host some one day.)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:

not much,sorry.

is this what sonic is going to be about?regurgitating the same tired ny/chi house djs over and over again?whats next let me guess choo-choo? van helden? derrick carter?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Honey when she is doing her banging funkly chicago set is wicked. Although she hasn't been doing that kind of set in a while, so expect boring tribaly hard circuit style beats. Lots of tired classic accapelas over drums drums and more drums.

Skippy it could be good but it's a big risk imo.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rulz

TRIBE Member
save ram link open in notepad copy link inside and no more painful waiting for the whole thing to load