• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Minus NA bus tour

faunty

TRIBE Member
I just ran circles around the apartment after getting word on this one:

minimize north american bus tour
For the min2MAX 'Minimize' North American Bus Tour, we're dropping into
twelve special cities for twelve special shows. Between the US and Canada,
Richie Hawtin, Magda, Troy Pierce, Marc Houle and other special guests will
be on tour along with new merchandise at each stop.

23.05. Inferno - Madison, USA
24.05. Mantra - Milwaukee, USA
25.05. Crobar - Chicago, USA
26.05. This Is London - Toronto, CAD
27.05. Detroit, USA
30.05. Club 5 - Washington, USA
31.05. Womb - Philadelphia, USA
01.06. Axis - Boston, USA
02.06. Spirit - New York, USA
03.06.Surface - Ottawa, CAD
04.06. Helsinki - Montreal, CAD

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Edit: let the TIL bashing begin (no please don't, let's keep this one clean ;)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

patri©k

TRIBE Member
omgwtfenglishdresscodebbq.

Is there a regular TIL crowd, and if yes, are they as 'special' as the drake hotel crowd?

Surface in Ottawa would be hype... that's a nice, little space and only a few hours away!

kaniz

TRIBE Member
No idea. But, I know when I saw Hawtin @ Kabin, he did bring in a real mix of people from techno-heads to Barbi-Stripper types, sooo *shrug* - either way, I'll be there. Theres not much that would make me miss out on this. Hell, if this was at the Guvt I'd suck it up and go :)

But, judging from most of the SoHo threads (Thats TIL's Friday night), its not as stuck-up as the Sat nights.

grit

TRIBE Member
time for blackmarket records to step in and STEAL that booking. make it a real party.
i can just picture how packed TIL will be for this. and the kindoff lineup BS that TIL 'non regulars' will have to go through.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Wow - definitely marking this one in the calendar. even though I have a course the next morning then a wedding. :eek:

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I had to post this - came across it on another board

richieandricardo.png

digitalux

TRIBE Member
Awesome...
this looks good. I will try and go. Maybe Toronto, Detroit AND Montreal...
does anyone else predict that these dates might fall into both the DEMF festival and Mutek? or are they just close to the festival dates?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
grit said:
time for blackmarket records to step in and STEAL that booking. make it a real party.
i can just picture how packed TIL will be for this. and the kindoff lineup BS that TIL 'non regulars' will have to go through.

yawn, techno people are better than other people and can't be around people in polo shirts and nice shoes, bla bla...

I doubt any other promoters/venues in this city could and would shell out the kind of cash it takes to books these guys.

miller

TRIBE Member
digitalux said:
Awesome...
this looks good. I will try and go. Maybe Toronto, Detroit AND Montreal...
does anyone else predict that these dates might fall into both the DEMF festival and Mutek? or are they just close to the festival dates?

would be nice to do that circuit :)

the toronto date is the friday of demf.

edit: blackmarket*

i don't mind TIL as a venue, just think it will be pretty packed in there for this.

grit

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
yawn, techno people are better than other people and can't be around people in polo shirts and nice shoes, bla bla...

I doubt any other promoters/venues in this city could and would shell out the kind of cash it takes to books these guys.

yawn.

DAMN you got allot of posts there skip.

p.s. i love polo.

DaftPunky

TRIBE Member
Two questions:

1) How much am I going to have to grease the door staff just to get in?

2) Anybody aware of any BRITISH bums downtown with whom I can barter booze for clothes?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I'll just be sure to show up early for this one (ie: doors opening) just so I dont need to deal with the lineup crap outside that seemed to happen with Sanchez.

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
ktown said:
mutek finale ! NICE :D

I hope not. Marc Houle Aside, Mutek can throw a lot more interesting finale then a M_nus showcase. That's not to diss M_nus, and I'd be down with hearing them.. I would just hate to see the eclectic Sunday jams that usual close out mutek be a label showcase, or well, a m_nus showcase. I also hope that the M_nus tour showcases newschool M_nus artists like Tractile, Ryan Crosson, etc.

Do we really need to hear any more about Troy Pierce and Magda? There is no point even talking about Richie, but these two cats are so incredibly overexposed..

,g

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:

easy for you to say... cuz YER ONE OF THEM!

PWNED!!!!!!

;)

j/k ... I'm all trancey today!

grit

TRIBE Member
gsnuff said:
I
Do we really need to hear any more about Troy Pierce and Magda? There is no point even talking about Richie, but these two cats are so incredibly overexposed..

,g

agreed. pierce is a pretty average programmer if ya ask me. i think he gets gigs for his looks.

ritchie's dj'ing/live thing is still on another level. anyone who disagrees, it's just the ego talkin.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
patri©k said:
easy for you to say... cuz YER ONE OF THEM!

PWNED!!!!!!

;)

j/k ... I'm all trancey today!

ha..I'm one of them? if putting on something nice and not looking like a bum qualifies me...I'm guilty!

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
holy crap I can't believe people are still ragging on TIL. Been there twice in clothes I go to any club in and walked straight in to a packed club with no hassle. Just don't dress like a bum and don't show up at the door with attitude. The staff there are great and I can think of a ton of clubs with much stricter door policies.

Maybe if you techno heads got your heads out of your asses and actually went and spent money at bars you would have more influence on thier policies.

lonemale

TRIBE Member
Though I've never been to TIL, and I can totally see why this tour would book there ($$, no sketchiness, reliable) it really makes me think two things:

1.) It's so pathetic and sad that clubs in Toronto are always named after a club from NYC or Chicago, or, in this case, the name suggests that it would be more "authentic" had the club really been from London, UK. I don't know why that is, but it's sad.

2.) Someone should open a mid-sized club, because if Richie and Laurent are getting booked at TIL, it certainly means there's a lack of venues. If you build it, they will come... (and no disrespect to TIL... apart from the name, they are obviously doing something right... thumbs up Charles..)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I doubt they booked this event at TIL because there was nowhere else to book it.

Probably more has to do that the owner of the club and booking agent have a long running reputation for dealing with some of the biggest talent in the world including Richie and Laurent.

lonemale

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
I doubt they booked this event at TIL because there was nowhere else to book it.

Probably more has to do that the owner of the club and booking agent have a long running reputation for dealing with some of the biggest talent in the world including Richie and Laurent.

True. But there aren't really any other clubs of this size that could host this night either. Toronto has a serious lack of 300-600 ppl venues. Anything of that size is automatically turned into a bottle-service, 905-zone for the cheap, glitzy gino crowd. I absolutely believe there is a market for someone to do something.. and not more prog house sheeze... London has Fabric, Barcelona has Nitsa, Tokyo has Yellow, Womb and Module... and we have.... um... nothing. Footwork is amazing, mind you, but in a different league size-wise...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
lonemale said:
True. But there aren't really any other clubs of this size that could host this night either. Toronto has a serious lack of 300-600 ppl venues. Anything of that size is automatically turned into a bottle-service, 905-zone for the cheap, glitzy gino crowd. I absolutely believe there is a market for someone to do something.. and not more prog house sheeze... London has Fabric, Barcelona has Nitsa, Tokyo has Yellow, Womb and Module... and we have.... um... nothing. Footwork is amazing, mind you, but in a different league size-wise...

this I agree with, but I disagree that's why they are being booked there...richie has played to both a packed guv and a packed kool haus before. he doesn't need a small venue - and actually, I think TIL is a crappy venue for 4 Mnus headliners as it seems to close at 5:30 generally, and there seem to be 2 locals opening.