• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

milk! oh yeah.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i have to say i had a great GREAT time at this party.

what a vibe.

the beats were KILLER! the bon jovi tracks KICKED MY ASS.

anyone else?

(naomi, happy birthday, i owe you a drink cause i didn't make it inside... you are now allowed to kick my motherfuckin ASS girl!)

patrick says... hello. that's all he can muster up at this time.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
really nice vibe...cool setup...sound was excellennnntt....too bad dimitri didn't play longer, but the milk guys really threw a nice party...haven't been to a "big" party in a while, but there was definitely a positive feeling throughout...

next to the harvest festival...

cheers, jc

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
janiecakes what are you talking about? I just got an email from you saying you didn't go to the party... but the above post is making my head hurt more than it already does.. what the dill?

I had a wicked wicked wicked time at this party... altho my 'friends' left without telling me. but it's all good, who needs a flirt attack snugle anyways?

I'll post more later.. my head hurts.

nice music..lazers..vibe..I'm quite satisfied.. for now

not enough jungle tho

Ps..thanx Subsonic Chronic for staying with me till the end.. it was fun

shannon

ecstasy riot

TRIBE Member
what's this party about...never even heard of this i think..and i really hope yr talking about dimitri from paris cos i have their cd and i love it.

Par- T

TRIBE Member
What a great party, Dimitri kicked ass!! Milk always does it up right - they even made the Warehouse seem intimate. Dimitri started with some deep funky grooves (disco till you die
)and didn't let it stop through the enire set. Damn that was good HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE give me more HOUSE.
The Milk guys- Felix, Izzy & Gani kept the vibe and the beats going from le fin de M. Dimitri right till the end.
I could not stop moving- why did the night end so soon? I could have gone till noon!

dora

TRIBE Member
Hello everyone...

I'm a newbie (but long-time reader) so this is very exciting for me - I don't get out much, besides the clubs.

Dmitri was absolutely amazing, there was not a single moment for me to rest during his set.

I thought the milk guys lagged a bit (right after Dmitri) but they were fantastic by about 4am.

The orange room, with its soulful sounds, was consistently fabulous the whole night. I had trouble getting around that space right up until 4:30.

It was really amazing how they turned the warehouse around. The tent was a lovely set up. However, the lounging areas seemed very far apart, almost completely seperated from the event. The need to make the gigantic space seem intimate was noticeable the minute the bar was closed, and everybody weeded out of the back.

I had a great time nonetheless, but I think the warehouse may best be saved for concerts...

but what do I know?

dora

Plato

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ecstasy riot:
what's this party about...never even heard of this i think..and i really hope yr talking about dimitri from paris cos i have their cd and i love it.
corretion miss. riot, dimitri is one man, not a "they".

god im such a techno-snob

Plato

mcbee

TRIBE Member
wow.

this party was absolutely fabulous! we arrived around 11, very minimal waiting time and before we knew we were surrounded by sweet sweet houses beats and all the beautiful people that come out to support Milk events...

my night flew by as i wandered around, constantly running into friends and friendly strangers. TBK everywhere!! (you guys are awesome! naomi, happy bday! i couldn't find ya!) between the sweet garage and live music in orange room to the superb french stylings of Dimitri in the warehouse, i simply couldn't decide where to be!

thank you to felix and gani for putting on a party that i won't soon forget. Milk parties are always quality and this one certainly didn't dissappoint

sarah

p.s. ONLY negative thing about my night was what i saw when i left. made my way thru coatcheck area to outside and started to make my way through the crowd. all of sudden i realized all these guys were watching 6 guys beat another guy with a pipe or a bat. it was awful. so me and this other girl (who is all of 5 feet tall!) run to get some bouncers. by the time we got back, the guys had taken off, leaving the victim lying on the ground. WTF????!! why the fuck did it take me and this other little girl to get some help to stop the fight when there were 20 FUCKING people watching?!? disgusting. needless to say i was alittle shaken up driving home.
SO, almost a perfect evening but not quite

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Dimitri definately did not disspoint when he was on the decks....but he wasn't on for very long (2 hours).

However, the milk crew kicked some serious ass right after monsieur dimitri, dropping in some nice deep, dark grooves....too bad the deep dark grooves only lasted a little while, cause they all of a sudden made the switch over to the vocals...oh well.

Overall the party was great, and the Warehouse was...well - It didn't look like the Warehouse. Amazing job decorating the place, and amazing vibe. Got to meet more of the Tribe Crew (they're all psychos)...

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Suke

TRIBE Member
Yo Silver Robot,

What did you think of the energy of the place? INTENSE, to say the least no?

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Friday night was really fun. I don't remember much of the first couple of hours there, and for that I blame Naomi entirely.
New Deal was sweet! But I feel like I'm the only one who really liked them. mcbee, I did not see you there! nor did I see some other people who were reportedly there. I feel like fucking Polkaroo or something. And then one of the people I came with left early, and I forgot to ask her where she put my stuff, so I was cold in the morning, but the Guv came through and found my stuff

Pete

p.s. It was nice to have the beautiful aphrodite to stay with me until the end

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic:
mcbee, I did not see you there!
Please disregard this statement as memories that were previously foggy have suddenly cleared up. I remember seeing you Sarah, and telling you that I'd see you on Sunday, which apparently was a big fat lie.

Pete

mcbee

TRIBE Member
pete...
glad you retracted that statement, you drunken fool!
i was feeling like my presence meant nothing to you!!! glad its been cleared up!
and to top it all off you lie to me about sunday! i dunno about you pete...

(regardless, i was still glad to see ya on friday and you missed a DAMN fine breakfest.)
sarah

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic.. you are sooo sweet(in many ways hehe) I'm very glad you found your clothes.. It was umbelievably cold and it must have been really painful!! ah!!! damn winter all to hell!

Wasn't that fun? I just remembered me saying to 10 different people "I'm trying to dance to house and it's so hard!!" and everyone was very encouraging.. thanx guys.. but I know I looked like a fool! Junglist for life..

yes yes.. Milk was fun