• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Milk Commercials

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
i don't know which is worse-- the new milk commercials or the old ones with doug gilmour in those painted on cow pants.
on second thought the new ones are worse. they should stop trying to make milk hip and sexy.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
I liked the Milk Rap commerical. I went to school in Guelph, and most of the dairy farmers I hung out with found the commericals mildly offensive...so I made sure to turn the tv up whenever it came on. The old farmer, the one who goes "we be chillin", is the spitting image of my friend Jenn's dairy farmer dad.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
I like milk.
alot.
they don't need to advertise this stuff.
there's all kinds of products like that. what about tampon commercials. do women sit there and ponder... "hmmm, perhaps I will get some tampons. thank you tv."

Caz

TRIBE Member
i actually like them. I can't get mad at a good-willed ad like that, i've tried

carry on.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
nikki.classics said:
they should stop trying to make milk hip and sexy.
so true.

you just can't make MILK hip and sexy.
but PEPTO-BISMOL on the other hand!!....that RAP version of the "indigestion, upset stomach, diarehea" commerical works on so many levels!

WHERE's THE RING TONE!!!!

ian

TRIBE Member
Lee you have obviously not checked out the little blonde in the new one (the "lead" singer).

Uh. . . me either. . .

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Everyone knows what milk is. Everyone drinks milk when they're a kid.

It's a waste of money to try and market milk. No one watches one of those commercials and says "Hey, Milk, never heard of that, we should get some".

Same thing with Coke and Pepsi, except their commercials can be entertaining sometimes.

big up the soy, Soy Good Chocolate.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Yeah, but teenagers (who I'm guessing these ads are targetted at) are probably too cool to drink milk and prefer crunk juice or something. Maybe this is an attempt to get them to think of milk as cool.

technowelt

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
too cool to drink milk and prefer crunk juice or something.
haaaaaaaaaahhaha. I hope this differentiation was a written part of their strategy

Perhaps they are just trying to differentiate between milk and malk?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories