1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mike Gleeson | Sunday Deep 4: A-Sides | Deep, chilled out house

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by AshG, Aug 29, 2010.

1. AshG

AshG Member

Over the years I periodically do up a completely chilled out house mix composed of the sort of stuff I like to listen to on sundays, chilling out and decompressing.

The music in these mixes is unlike anything i normally get booked to play at parties, but then again the mixes in the Sunday Deep series tend to be my most popular ones, which I find quite gratifying as they're a lil more personal.

So this one I've called Sunday Deep 4: A-Sides, because while it's the 4th in the series, I realized when compiling tunes for it, that I was really collecting 2 totally diff sets of tunes, calling for 2 diff mixes.
    The first one I've called "A-Sides" as they're the tunes you might find on the A-Side of a record, and so that's what you've got on this mix. The B-Side tunes will come out on the next mix I do - Sunday Deep 4: B-Sides", which will hopefully be not too long after this one!

For the moment, I hope you enjoy the A-Sides on this sunny, Sunday afternoon, as we slowly creep from summer into autumn!

Mike Gleeson - Sunday Deep 4: A-Sides

01. Trentemøller | Late Night Cab Driving | White
    02. Tracey Thorn | Why Does the Wind?(Acapella) | CDR
    03. Atmosfear | Outerspace(Acapella) | MCA
    04. Kwamey & Franky Boissy | Everybody Wants to Rule the World | Chez Music
    05. Tracey Thorn | Why Does the Wind?(André Lodemann Mix) | Buzzin' Fly
    06. Kevin Yost | Road Less Traveled | i! Records
    07. Cobblestone Jazz | Chance Dub | Wagon Repair
    08. Saint Germain | Alabama Blues(Acapella) | CDR
    09. J Axel | This Time | Plastic City
    10. Steffi feat. Elif Biçer | Kill Me(Crushed Soul Dub) | Ostgut Ton
    11. Atnarko Feat. Nica Brooke | Solid Ground(Fred Everything's Unreleased Dub) | CDR
    12. Knee Deep | The Limit | Fluential
    13. Marko Militano | Lose Control | Lazy Days Recordings
    14. Pete Heller | Overtime | Buzzin' Fly
    15. Zwicker | Dragon Fly (Soultourist Remix) | Compost Black Label
    16. Voom:Voom | Best Friend(Charles Webster Vocal Mix) | G-Stone Recordings
    17. Swayzak | Make Up Your Mind | Studio !K7
    18. Laid Back | Beautiful Day(Banzai Republic Vs. Trentemøller) | Flex Records

2. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

those lucky enough to catch his set on friday will vouch for how amazing this sounded. I received so many compliments about the music he was playing. I can't wait to bust this out at the beach.
  4. Re: Shoe

Re: Shoe TRIBE Member

Greatly appreciated!
  5. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

As usual Mr. Gleeson, silky smooth mix! Some killer tracks on there. Really love that Swayzak track!

6. HC_P

HC_P TRIBE Member

Loving the mix. Can't wait to hear the B-sides!

7. lockedgruv

lockedgruv TRIBE Member

this has gotten much balcony action this past week. great job, Mike!
  8. AshG

AshG Member

thanks guys, glad you like it!

the b-sides thing will be a lil time coming i think. it's going to be much trickier to figure out as it's meant to be much less conventional housey than this one is.