1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mike Gleeson | Extravaganza | House

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by AshG, Aug 1, 2010.

1. AshG

AshG Member

Just did a mix up of some of the tunes i've been spinning for the last lil bit.

You can dl the mix from the link, but it's also available as a mixed CD.

Now the CD version actually has a bonus track on it that's mixed in such a way that - should you fancy yerself a dj - you can straight up use the tune for mixing in your own sets. Now as it's a fairly rare and vinyl-only tune, I thought I'd throw that in there as a bonus for picking up the cd.

Enjoy!

Mike Gleeson: Extravaganza

01. Dixie Yure - Forever Love [Nordik Net Records]
    02. Kid Culture - It's Time to Jack [Stop Clone Music]
    03. Bruch & Junior - La Fiesta de la Residencia(Edit) {Stil Vor Talent]
    04. Piemont - Twice As Long(Edit) [My Best Friend]
    05. Dj Sneak - Love(Mendo Remix) [CDR]
    06. Ronte Monte - Jule Wascht Sick Nie(Edit) [Monaberry]
    07. Kruse & Nuemberg - Lovers N' Fighters(Dj Madskillz Remix) [Noir Music]
    08. Crookers feat. Roisin Murphy - Royal T(Riva Starr Remix) [Southern Fried]
    09. D1 - Pitcher [Dub Police]
    10. Inland Knights - World Go Round [Borrowed]
    11. Tripmastaz - STFU [Magnetic]
    12. Cajmere - It's Time to Jack [Relief]
    13. Lawnchair Generals & Luke McKeehan - Music [CDR]
    14. Left Minded - Empty Clips [Paper]
    15. Derek Dubar - Played Out [Blackcheery]
    16. Oleg Pollakov - It Ain't Too Old [Bass Culture]
    *17. Soul Clap - Extravaganza [Wolf & Lamb]

Acapellas:
    Jamie Foxx - Extravaganza
    Reel People - Alibi
    Tripmastaz - STFU

*only available on the cd version

2. mixupmixup

mixupmixup TRIBE Member

nice one Mike, always down for some new Gleeson tingz .... see ya on the patio soontimes! :)

3. mixupmixup

mixupmixup TRIBE Member

just reading the disclaimer at the end. fire me up a copy @ keating please and thanks!

word.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I knew that Soul Clap track would be on this. Track of the year so far as well.

5. DJ Bolivia

DJ Bolivia TRIBE Member

Very much looking forward to listening to this one. Your old 80's mix, while a different genre, still ranks as the most well put together mix I've ever heard.

6. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

why is the track only available on the cd?

7. soapy

soapy TRIBE Promoter

awesome party time mix! great use of acapellas and i'm loving this "empty clips" track. thanks dude

8. AshG

AshG Member

it's pretty sweet, although my vote for track of the year currently goes to Makam - Things That I Embody, or perhaps that D1 track i put in the mix.

anyway i tried to fit the Makam thing into the mix, but it just felt a bit forced for the overall kinda party feel of the mix, so i left it out. but here is the tune i'm talking about - it's a monster:

thanks man!
    i actually have been meaning to do another 80s one, but it takes an incredible amount of time to do those ones, so i haven't got around to it yet

Yeah Empty Clips is a super standout tune, and a welcome return to form for the Paper Music record label. Back from the ashes!

a few reasons:

firstly, i played around with putting in an unmixed 'last tune' thing in my mixes back when i did this other mixed called Bounce - in that one i put in this sorta rare Romanthony tune, just because i love it so much.

so this time around i got to thinking that maybe i'll just start doing this with all my mixes - putting in an essentially unmixed track that people might otherwise have a very hard time getting ahold of. kinda like a 'bonus' for checking the mix.

why not have it just on the dl'd version then? since people invariably grab the cd from me when i'm out spinning at a party, it's sorta my way of saying thanks to people for coming out to the party. you get a free, rare track as well as having the mix on an actual cd. kinda like value-added.

so i guess i should mention where i'll be in the next lil while, where you can pick up the cd:

Aug.20 - Bounce @ Blondie's(Jr's bday beats edition)
    Sept.5 - Labour Day Bounce by the Lake @ Keating Channel
    Sept.10 - Footwork feat. Jimpster
    Sept.17 - Foowork feat. Derrick Carter

9. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

20:52 :)

10. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

this is a cool mix!

Some wonderfully oddball selections and all mixed up in Gleeson's inimitable style.

need that Soul Clap tune bad, I'll be coming after a CD very soon

11. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Loved this mix.

And I too need that Soul Clap track in a major way. Been coveting it since they dropped it at The Drake in the spring.