• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mike Gleeson, Deeno, Jol - FEVER

Bloom! Productions

TRIBE Member
every saturday night is FEVER inside bubba gib's in guelph. the night is host to many sounds, namely soul, funk, disco, hip hop and house. pub atmosphere - just a little more modern, an alright little soundsystem and a great selection of food and drink...

last night, the decks were graised by one of toronto's most technically talented mixers - mike gleeson. from deep to funky, quirky and classic, mike mixed up a storm of house! to start things off, a guelph local - jol - mixed down the funk, soul and house and to end off the night, deeno threw down the deep and soulful (ending the night with the original "please don't go").

a good crowd of dancers for a while then things kinda mellowed out near the end...

for more info check out www.guelphcrew.org/events

peace.
:cool:

AshG

ah yes, good times saturday night!

liked what i heard upon entering bubba gib's as Jol was laying down some choice Stevie Wonder. Stevie always puts me in a good mood, so i sat down to imbibe a little and take in the rapidly building crowd.

my night got an immediate boost when none other than Kumi stepped into bubba gib's! Hooray!

anyway, i had a fun set, and enjoyed playing to a fairly diverse crowd. thought i'd try a few unfamiliar tunes and was glad to see heads bobbing if not hips shaking most of the time, so i was happy.

i finished at 1, and deeno stepped up to take things in a slightly jazzier direction, dropping Mr. Scruff's "Get a Move On"(one of my favourite tunes), and the new Metro Area remix of Hugh Masekela's "Mama", also a tune i quite like, amongst other quality choons.

Thanks to Deeno and the guleph peeps for a good time!
Deeno's bringing out some other good talent soon, so check out Bubba Gib's on saturdays if you're in town!

Bloom! Productions

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
deeno stepped up to take things in a slightly jazzier direction, dropping Mr. Scruff's "Get a Move On"(one of my favourite tunes), and the new Metro Area remix of Hugh Masekela's "Mama", also a tune i quite like, amongst other quality choons.

Deeno's bringing out some other good talent soon, so check out Bubba Gib's on saturdays if you're in town!
thanks to Mike for the Metro Area remix of "Mama!" sweet track!

and, yeah, i'm working on getting KWE, Kiang, Mat Lunnen, Marmalade, Matics & Ramiah (of earwaks.com fame), Oddmyth, Maddee Gee (mad turntablist!), Global Killer, Decipher and Steve Dragun in January 2004...

peace, music.

DJ KWE

TRIBE Member
Jan 10 - Bubba Gibs - FEVER! - Guelph

I just thought I'd add to this karmic thread...;)

I left with a smile on my face and my records on my back...all in all it was great to say ;)...I'll see you again sometime...Thanks Deeno :)

staff were so cool...friends were more than awesome they were real...cool atmosphere for me to lounge in with some great company...while playing my heart and soul out...louder than I had hoped for...helping my hearing immensely...yes, to loud music...

it felt great to be back on the decks and couldn't help but notice that I was having fun and playing my favourite music for that night...

Great vibes, new friends and a re-union anniversary one year and strong...I think I love Guelph as much as I love Hamilton...well it's getting there...and I love going there!

If anyone is in the area, check dis...sometimes it takes a spirit to bring the soul...all my best KWE:cool:

Bloom! Productions

TRIBE Member
DJ KWE, KIANG & DEENO - FEVER - JAN 10

i was going to start a whole new thread for this but crystal beat me to it...

thanks to everyone from toronto for making this night so special - crystal, jason, madelin, craig & lee. oh, and thanks for all the gifts (pictures and discs)!

great music all night long, a little dancing and a lot of good times.

next week features marmalade (earwaks.com), mat lunnen (solma) and myself spinning nothing but the best.

peace.
deeno :cool:

http://www.guelphcrew.org/events

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories