1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

miike snow @ wrongbar tonight

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by tobywan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Have seen 'em live, but never seen 'em spin...see how this goes.

2. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

yeah totally cheesed off i couldn't get tickets, didn't get to catch it but glad i scored the entire show in HD on my computer from a friend who went :)

3. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

they destroyed the phoenix! i saw them several months back at wrongbar and they've definitely come a long way since then. the energy in the room was palpable! such a wicked performance.

tobes, what's the word on their dj set?

4. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

hook a brother up! :)

5. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

pretty solid from the short bit that I did see. they went on right after midnight and set a nice pace to the club, throwing in a party banger in between some great tribal.

however the dj's on before them, not too sure who they were, had the mid's and the high's cranked up far too loud. I've heard that system well tuned before, and that was certainly the opposite of that.

6. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

first half of the concert was outstanding, second half fizzled a bit in terms of energy ... the closer was my favourite album song, but i did not like the arrangement at all live

the sound in there was HORRIBLE ... i would give the concert a 9/10 but it's definitely a 7/10 after that terrible sound system ... you could barely hear any melody or vocals, it was just muddy bass

7. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

i really wanted to check this out but i'm a bit skint these days. any of you check out hot chip's dj set last weekend at wrongbar as well?

i'd love to be flush with cash and have an iron liver and go out to all of these shows, but sadly i have neither. :(

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Hrmmm, you might have your dates a bit mixed up as they're not there until the 20th (same night as their show @ Kool Haus w/ XX)

9. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

^^^
    Totally do have my dates mixed up. Thanks!