1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Midnight Madness @ Mod Club

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Chubbs, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Chubbs

Chubbs TRIBE Member

Oh god.

I have to be at work in 3.5 hours :( What was supposed to me a nice drink or two and an early night quickly spiraled out of control as soon as the techno rocked me.

Everyone owned. Thats all I can say.

2. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

Midnight Madness @ Mod Club - Jake Fairley

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i'm so glad i went to this night!
    Marioooo... :( i missed Mario J. my friends suck.
    "no, no, i'll call you in an hour..."
    but... but... it's already 10pm! screw all y'all!

Mr. Guthrie - that was fun, thanks! you had me groovin in my chair, and shakin it on the dancefloor. thems was some most entertainin beats. i hope to shake your hand some day, sir!

Adam Marshall hurt my knees. i blame him.

Jake Fairley... i was afraid you were gonna suck. lucky for you, you apparently have some of that *talent* everyone keeps talking about. some bumpin bumpin beats. the music did the dancing for me. it was easy.

well played, Mr. Fairley, well played.

THE DUUUUUUUKES. obviously, you try to throw some shit in there to make us go "whaaaaaa? nooooooo... !! damn damn damn!" at least, that's what i do. i kept hoping it would get dirtier. what a tease.

just couldn't make it to the end. i was as sober as a pregnant 12 year-old. my knees hurt like all fuck and i'm STARVING.

someone bring me pizza.
    bonne nuit les amis!

3. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

damn you Chubbs! you beat me to it by like, 2 seconds!

4. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

the dukes set had me smiling ear to ear, havnt smiled that much to a set in a long time, let alone when 100% sober.

They had me dancing like no one was watching, and I dance like a fool - so I hope no one was watching.

Enjoyed Jakes set quite a bit, and loved the dukes - they tend to hit a sweet spot that I like and had me dancing nonstop.

Got there at midnight, left around 3ish - dukes were still playing, but I was sleepy and sore.

then after having a taxi cab thraten to call the cops on us, ended up walking home .. ouch, feet sore, I'm tired - good night.

5. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

drove past on my way home from Luke Fair at System... why do all the good looking people in nice clothes stand on the corner and not in the club... don't they know that an asshole with a milkshake in a cab will whiz by and toss the shake at them while shouting "you think you're better than me?"... common sense people!

from what it looked like, it seemed a good looking crowd. how was the music for all the pretty people?

6. faunty

faunty TRIBE Member

fairley * dukes
    if i was a katamari ball id roll that shit up with a fever pitch

wowowowowowowowwowowow

mostly

7. faunty

faunty TRIBE Member

if you could even thank it prettier

8. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

First of all, I didn't meet any Tribers. That is failure number one.

I am still drunk and have the urge to dance. That is failure number two.

However, there were lots of beautiful people (men and women) out tonight, Fairley *killed* the dancefloor with some fantastic melody and harder basslines, and of course, Marshall played some tasty treats, including that old Adam Beyer acid track. ;)

Now, is anyone up for some twister? :D

edit: I was smiling a lot, had a grey vest on, and was up at the front the whole time for any of you punks who didn't bother to say hello. :mad:

9. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

your thread is better.

10. T-minus

T-minus TRIBE Member

That was a wicked jam last night! Most of the Dj's played well in particular jake fairley, on the other hand i thought the Dukes were decent at best. This is my 4th time seeing them and i really dont know what all the hype is all about. Over all a good night out:)

11. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

my threads are *always* better. get with it people!

ATP! why the fuck didn't i meet you then? i was the chick with the Detroit Soul t-shirt and the kick-ass fro. my hair... i have a love/hate relationship with my hair, but last night, it was *sweet*. i got compliments on it all night! (grins!)

oh, and Adopted and I got the dancefloor going. we claim responsibility for that. it was something like 11... maybe 11:30 when Adopted showed up (yay Todd!) and he said to me, "Why is the dancefloor empty? This feels like a school dance." I looked around and everyone was just kind of looking at the DJ and waiting to be properly inebriated before they started busting ze move.

boo to that. it's a PARTY, people! GET YOUR FREAK ON.
    Adopted, i love you. you're my favourite hooker of the whole bunch.
    kisses.

12. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

Hahaha, yes! Your hair *was* awesome, it's just that I'm too much of an introverted geek -- yes, even when disgustingly drunk -- to introduce myself or dole out compliments where they're deserved. :)

And, by the way, if you were the 1st pair on the dancefloor, I was either number 3 or 4. ;)

13. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

duuude! i think i remember you! at the beginning of the night you were standing at a table in the middle of the floor... right?

well, next time, introduce yourself hoe!

14. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

Yep, now you've got it! I was intimidated by the big scary dancefloor at that point.

15. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

aww..they don't know what they're missing. i would have said hi!

debated hitting this, but decided to be good instead. i am sooooo good.

16. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

pfft, you just dont know good techno :p

98% of their set was brilliant IMO, the only 2% is when they drop the really main-stream 'big room' sound (which other people seem to love, but not me).

Their mixing is great, most of their track selection is killer, they have a unique sound. They can take it from banging to minimal and back and have me busting my ass on the dance floor.

They are one of my favorite Toronto DJs, I've seen them 4 or 5 times now, and I'm always impressed. They were the main reason why I came out last night, and chances are will be my primary motivation for going to System next weekend, yeah - miss kitten is neat and all, but the dukes kick ass.

17. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Maria - your hair was awesome!

a little sad I wasn't included in the dancefloor starting mentions - ok ok, you and adopted may have beat me to the punch by a few mins, but I was right there with ya in my army pants and blue shirt - I remember bustin it up front with y'all all night long! (until my energy levels flagged low - and I realized it was five short hours til I needed to get up!)

But ya - GREAT night! Fairley had me thinking during his set more than dancing - but that ain't necessarily a bad thing, his set was wonderful!

And Ian Guthrie - the more I hear of him the more I like him!

The Dukes - OK... my energy was low when they came on so I couldnt enjoy them as much as I wanted too - but still, if anyone bitchin' about them had heard their set from Speed of Spring - well, then they wouldnt bitch... These guys are awesome and a major draw for me...;)

Big Ups to Adopted and ATP - We got that party started-yo!

18. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

i saw you bustin up the dancefloor all night long!! dunno why we were never introduced though...

is that, like, in retaliation or something? :(

19. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

OOPS

Big ups to Adopted, ATP AND Maria!

sry, my bad.. was no vengeance I was feelin' I swear... I think I was smilin the whole time I was postin... no bad vibes here..:)

20. ktown

ktown TRIBE Member

i had a great time . pretty loaded tho :)
    saw adam and jake . and . the tunes were great !
    definitely good times
    . cheers .

school sucked today - i am tired

21. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

Alright, I think the official order of dancers is:

Adpoted
    mariazmess + afro
    praktik
    ~atp~

But my memory of last night is already turning a wee smidgen hazy. :)

22. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

everyone was on fire last night. i couldn't stop dancing!

ian - excellent opening set! tight mixes, heard some grrrreat tracks i hadn't heard out in a while, got the crowd going

adam marshall - stepped it up a notch. pounding beats.

jake fairley - oh wow! hard, driving, relentless. fist-pumping. jumping up n down. my ass was kicked

zee dukes - caught only a snippet at the start before scooting, but you folks continued where the others had left off

what a great night!

peace,

sabina

23. Chubbs

Chubbs TRIBE Member

Hey I was rioght upfront center dancing up a storm too :p

I want in the order! Iwas the tall guy with shaggy hair and a brown cowboyish shirt on. I was also the person hooting and hollering at any given moment to show my adoration for ze dukes.

24. mariazmess

mariazmess TRIBE Member

CHUBBS! YOU'RE ADORABLE!
    i didn't notice when you got there, but to be in "the order" you have to have been one of the *first* crazies on the dancefloor.

mad props dude - that outfit was smokin'.

25. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

wow. the music was excellent last night.