• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

midi issue

nusty

TRIBE Member
I'm looking for something that will essentially act like a midi thru that will allow me to transmit midi out to numerous peices of gear. My problem is that none of my gear has a through midi channel and I therefore can not get all of the sh*t hooked up the way I want. Is there something out there that say has on midi IN and then like 4 midi OUTs on the same box?
I don't need it to do anything else.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
I use a MIDI pocket thru, I forget the name of the manufacturer, 1 IN 3 OUT. I've had it for years, it was pretty cheap.

Do they still make MIDI patch bays that aren't computer-based?

nusty

TRIBE Member
this is the one by midiman (now M-Audio) that I've been looking at.

3 MIDI Ins/ 8 MIDI Outs.

8 independent, 3 position switches on the front of the unit select which input each of the 8 outputs is connected to.

Power Switch and Power Indicator LED.

Perfect for a desk top or easily rack mounted using two bottom mounting holes.

Light weight, rugged aluminum construction.

Powered from included external 9 volt supply.

Size: 1.35" x 3.2" x 8.4"

I think I need at least 5 outs but the 8 offered here would give me more of a buffer for future set ups. I only really need 1 input since everything else will be slaved.

Last edited:

Brandon

TRIBE Member
What's the price for one of those?

I've never had any MIDI lag with my setup, but it never hurts to have more OUTs...

nusty

TRIBE Member
it should cost around 140$ i think.

another one my partner in musical crime was looking at was this one...

but it only has 4 outs. its only 80$ and can run off your midi connection for power supply which = one less bulky ac adadpter in the setup which would be kind of nice and really running more than 4 peices of gear plus the sampler is kind of overkill, so we may try and streamline our setup to fit this unit instead.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders