• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

mickey finn @ body roc

tella

TRIBE Member
what a great night!

ruckus and diligence started the night off and altho i only caught the last lil bit of their set, i was quite pleased with the tunes i heard. dancefloor smashers with killer basslines (i'm in total love with that digital track...i don't know what it's called and i don't think it's been released yet but anyone who was there would know what i'm talking bout). great way to start the night out right.

marcus was up next and what can you say...he played an eclectic set consisting of tight mixes and even more dancefloor smashers. his last track was a great segway into mickey finn.

mickey finn's set was quite enjoyable. he traveled back in time playing various anthems that got everyone in the place going. i can't remember the last time i heard someone play redlight's coca bottle shape. his transition from older tunes into new one was pretty good....got the crowd going when he dropped the nine and things just progressed from there. i was happy to hear body rock towards the end of his set. hearing that tune on a proper system always gets me going!

great night out..the vibe was refreshing, it was so evident to see that everyone was out to have a good time. simple as that. body roc is turning out to be a great weekly event.

Penny Lane

TRIBE Member
I had an excellent time! Great tunes, great vibe (for me anyway, I was smashed
), and just generally an overall good night!
A little groggy this morning and it was fucking hard to get up, but it was all worth it.
Rukkus, Dilligence and Marcus threw down pretty good sets, but the night was (obviously) all Mickey's. I didn't (COULDN'T) stop dancing the whole night!
amazing.

Shintriad

TRIBE Member
I missed this because of public transit problems. If you can believe that.

Come on, let's hear some negative reviews!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kurtz

TRIBE Member
everything just seemed to flow last night, somthing in the stars i suppose, cause that shit never happens!

marcus- the most consistent dj in toronto by far... he spun, thats all the review i need to give.

mickey finn- three words-- BIG BAD & HEAVY.
and good to see l natural take the set solo.

and after hitting that cherry beach jam last week-end it was nice to see a storng dance floor vibe kickin all night at system- i was kind of expecting the same thing, but i was pleasantly wrong.

peace-

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
shintriad, this one's for you

i agree the party was tight - good crowd, good vibe.

and yes mickey threw down some killer tracks.
but the guy is the world's most boring dj.

just throwin down tracks, lettin them play a good way through, mixin in the next.

i didn't find his set flowed all that well.

i say marcus had the set of the night.

and nicky a few weeks back played his brand of oldschool/newschool, which is far more creative and energized.

good night anyways - still fun to see big names in a tight venue, with a bunch of true heads.

tones

TRIBE Promoter
Just to clarify...

It's Ruckus! (With a C)
Not the London house Dj, or the one who produces for Syndicate (with 2 K's).

Big up everyone who came out last night, it was an amazing night.

See you next week... Shy FX & Skibadee!

Peace

P.S. Don't forget to came out and be a part of Toronto's first ever 'live to air' Jungle night start August 15th 2001. Body Roc will be broadcast live on 89.5 FM each and every Wednesday direct from System Soundbar!
*Special gueats will not be broadcast over the air.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
It was nice to hear some good old skool jungle.

I had a great time and heard great music in each and every room I entered.

It was nice to hear anthems from back in the day, when I used to love Jungle!

Here's one of the pics I took, and it made me feel soo good to see this one when I got home and checked them all out. Everyone jumping up, and every smiling ear to ear!

Only complaint was that I could not drink on the main dancefloor, I can understand .. but it just sucked

Thanks for all those I saw, and I had a great time dancing and taking pictures all night. Pictures should be online later tonight or b4 the weekend.

To check the rest of the pics out in the near future, check out http://groove.ca

pr0nstar

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The house DJ in London spells his name Ruckus as well. He's actually pretty adament about the whole thing and how it's his name before anyone elses. He told me once that he'd battle the other Ruckus's in a genre of their choice for the right to the name. His new CD is called 'For There Can Only Be One'. Go figure.

BTW nice pic Kenny, looks like a fun night out.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

tella

TRIBE Member
thats a great picture...sums up the entire night beauitfully

i forgot to mention..big up tones for the hookups..yer too good to me!

tella

TRIBE Member
i think thats the smart thing to do...i'm sure there are a lot of ppl out there who would choose not to go out when they can listen to it in the comfort of their own home or whatever. plus i've heard that a lot of dj's are uptight about having their sets broadcasted or even recorded because of different dubs and unreleased material that they play.

DJ.CODE

TRIBE Member
i believe the digital tune your talking about is called 'restless'. its the one with the ghetto keys! It's fourth coming on reinforced.
rivet 164, I believe.

lates,
cOde

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AVE

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tella:
i think thats the smart thing to do...i'm sure there are a lot of ppl out there who would choose not to go out when they can listen to it in the comfort of their own home or whatever. plus i've heard that a lot of dj's are uptight about having their sets broadcasted or even recorded because of different dubs and unreleased material that they play.</font>
true, i actually thought about that after I posted........if you can hear the set on the radio why trudge all the way downtown to pay and get in.......I guess its fair