• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Michael Jackson on 60 Minutes

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
After seeing that interview, I felt bad for the guy. I have reserved judgement on him and I can't help but be saddened by his circumstances.

My question is: If he played here in Toronto, would you go see him or does he turn you off now?

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
i would definately go see him given the chance.....

do i feel sorry for him?..... only for the fact that if its all true or not he will be pegged a child molester.....

im not sure if i think he is

i think he's kinda creepy like creepy enough to keep my kids away from

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Every time he talks, I just want to beat the hell out of him. If he wants to have kids sleep in his own bed, why doesn't he just dole out $10 million to the parents of the children beforehand, and cut the cops out of the deal. For that kind of coin, some of these parents would be like,"Do whatever you want, ya fucking freak."

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Any sane man in M.J.s situation would say to themselves:

"Well I'm in some shit now, and even though I don't fuck those little boys I better stop having them over because I have a financial empire to protect not to mention my career and reputation."

But after the first time Micheal didn't stop and I think it's because he can't. Many people close to him told him to knock that shit off but he didn't stop. You know why? You can't fuck with the way someone fucks. M.J. has as little control over his sexuality that you or I do. That's why he throws common sense out of the window and has these sleepovers.

Even a self professed 'little boy' like Micheal could resist this kind of companionship unless these sleep overs satisfied some deeper need.

That's how I read it anyway.

physix

TRIBE Member
why couldn't he have simply taken his ass on
to Taiwan where the likelihood of getting
caught doing something "inappropriate"
would have been less so...? especially since
teh age of consent there is so low that it's
unlikely anyone around him would have
considered his actions "inappropriate"...?

in fact, he could have.

he's not broke, people. despite the rumours.

this leads me to think that he isn't as guilty
as most of us believe.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by physix
why couldn't he have simply taken his ass on
to Taiwan where the likelihood of getting
caught doing something "inappropriate"
would have been less so...? especially since
teh age of consent there is so low that it's
unlikely anyone around him would have
considered his actions "inappropriate"...?

in fact, he could have.

he's not broke, people. despite the rumours.

this leads me to think that he isn't as guilty
as most of us believe.
Maybe you're thinking of Thailand. I've been in Taipei for a year and a half now, and it's definitely not like that here.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by tEkKiD
i certaintly don't feel sorry for freaks.
you're ignorant.

he's not a freak. he might do questionable things, but you try living the life he's lead and we'll see how you turn out. the guy has been performing and been on stage his entire life, his father was an asshole, and he's had immense pressure on him since he was a child - no one would act normal if they had to deal with that.

did I see the interview?? no. do I think he molestes children, I would hope he doesn't. do I think he's weird, yes, he is very weird. but from the man who brought us Thriller, I wouldn't expect him to be normal.

I don't agree that he allows these young children to sleep in his bed, I find that to be quite wrong, but I don't think he touches them. the guy has problems no doubt, but he's no molester.

he needs to talk to a shrink. he's got some very repressed issues that need to be dealt with. no 45 year old man should be sleeping in a bed with a child unless it's his own.

he's a lonely man looking for companionship in children because his childhood wasn't a regular childhood. one of his handlers has to slap him and wake him the fuck up.

he needs help.

vench

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
freak:

1. A thing or occurrence that is markedly unusual or irregular.

2. An abnormally formed organism, especially a person or animal regarded as a curiosity or monstrosity.

Yup, he's a freak, by definition #2.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
My issue with this whole thing is that because he's seen as "weird" and a "freak" therefore he MUST be guilty of something awful. Go see the documentary "Paradise Lost: The Childhood Murders at Robin Hood Hills" for proof of how these kinds of assumptions can ruin lives.

There are too many elements in this case that don't add up...Michael's made some really stupid mistakes but I don't know how anyone can proclaim him definitely guilty at this point.

~jen

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rocky
Maybe you're thinking of Thailand. I've been in Taipei for a year and a half now, and it's definitely not like that here.
you're right.

i always get those two confused.

:D

Adam

TRIBE Member
Alright, Michael may be out to lunch, but i really doubt he's a child molester.

The only thing I can't fathom is where he hires his PR people at. Don't you think someone along the line could tell him to stop going in front of the camera and praising the virtues of sleeping with children?

I mean, really. I'm pretty sure in his fantasy-land, he doesn't equate sleeping in a bed with children as being sexual, but really..for a freaking billionaire, you think someone could be doing some PR damage control.

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
My issue with this whole thing is that because he's seen as "weird" and a "freak" therefore he MUST be guilty of something awful. Go see the documentary "Paradise Lost: The Childhood Murders at Robin Hood Hills" for proof of how these kinds of assumptions can ruin lives.
There's a part 2 to that, as well. Go check it out.

There's been some more shit added to the mix
in that case.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by physix
There's a part 2 to that, as well. Go check it out.

There's been some more shit added to the mix
in that case.
Seen it...and I check the website for updates.

How do you know MJ isn't broke?

~jen

Reflex

TRIBE Member
I could certainly see Michael Jackson being guilty of molesting children. that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Even so, I feel sorry for him. The man is completely messed up. He doesn't have the thought processes of an adult, and what we consider molesting he probably views through the eyes of a child playing doctor.

This doesn't make his behaviour excusable. If he is hurting children it definitely needs to stop. He has demonstrated that he can't stop on his own because he sees himself as a saviour of children, as someone who gives them love. he has surrounded himself with so many "Yes People" that no one is giving him the discipline and knowledge that he is in fact harming the kids he touches.

Ultimately, he seems to be a spoiled, incredibly fucked up child in the body of a man (a body he obviously isn't comfortable with). The life he has surrounded himself with and the problems he's had in his life must have influenced him, but the responsibility to act like an adult lies with him.

it doesn't seem like he has anybody helping him, just catering to him, and protecting him.

It's really odd that I'm analyzing someone I don't even know. I'm sure I don't know the half of it. If he's found guilty I hope he goes to a psychiatric hospital instead of jail. He's be ripped apart in there.

Kirsten

Reflex

TRIBE Member
oh, and by the way it also wouldn't surprise me at all if he really was doing what he said. just sleeping and cuddling with kids.

i wouldn't let my kids sleep with him, but i think he does have a point that it is ok to do. unfortunately we live in a society where you're automatically suspected of child molestation if you share a bed with a child.

i consider that really sad

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
I don't know if he did it or not, and only him and a couple of other people are sure of what goes on in his sleepovers. So don't be saying "HE DID IT" or "HE DIDN'T", there are few individuals with the capasity to make such a statemet.

If you think Micheal Jackson had a rough childhood and that it's an good excuse that he potentially turned out to be a child molester, I think you need to rethink your premises. I'm sure there are people who have much rougher childhoods and parent's who were much more volatile and they haven't turned out to be child-molesters. Ultimatly we are responsible for the choices we make and how we live our lives.

Besides anyone who has been abused knows what NOT to do.