• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

MiaMidi Sound Card Question

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
ok, so i picked up this soundcard
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/MiaMIDI/index.php

for some reason i cant seem to record a set into soundforge the way i was once able to with my old shitty soundcard.

do any of you have this card and if so could you please let me know HOW THE FUCK I RECORD a set into my pc? i have rca wires from my mixer (master out) into the soundcard (the exact same way it was before!!!

please help out a fellow torontonian who is down on his luck :(

thanks...

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
ok, i figured out why there was no sound...

but now my problem is i have to blast my volumes from my mixer & the gains in order for it to record @ a decent volume level (this just doesnt seem right)

ive gone to"Sound and Audio Devices" (from the control panel), from there i click on the AUDIO TAB which gives me 3 choices...

Sound Playback

Sound Recording

Midi Music Playback

now.....under the "sound playback" there is "volume & advanced" which i can click and change the levels but under the "sound recording" i see the same thing but it doesnt allow me to adjust the volume!!!

could this be the problem??

this is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE?

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Did you install the drivers? Usually soundcards have their own distinct mix/volume panel, not the windows one.

odbx

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
From the mia website

Software Features
- Software console for monitoring, metering, and setting levels

Make sure you have this installed, without it you're really not using your sound card at all.

RTM
odbx

beaker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Richard Raiban
but now my problem is i have to blast my volumes from my mixer & the gains in order for it to record @ a decent volume level (this just doesnt seem right)
could be a +4/-10 issue. your mixer's rca outputs send signal at -10dbv (consumer) and the card's inputs may be set to +4 dbu (pro audio). so you effectively have to boost the volume about 12 db to get the same level.

check your control panel for a setting that switches the input you're using to -10. i have the non-MIDI echo mia and it's in there.

edit: oddmyth is right too. you need to make sure you've correctly installed all the necessary software.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker
could be a +4/-10 issue. your mixer's rca outputs send signal at -10dbv (consumer) and the card's inputs may be set to +4 dbu (pro audio). so you effectively have to boost the volume about 12 db to get the same level.

check your control panel for a setting that switches the input you're using to -10. i have the non-MIDI echo mia and it's in there.

edit: oddmyth is right too. you need to make sure you've correctly installed all the necessary software.
its too bad i dont understand the technical side of this...

it was actually a friend of mine who to his knowledge did everything correct :(

hey beaker are you matt chan? *LOL* if so you seem to know a lot about this card! how much would it cost to rent you so you can have a look at this for me :(

beaker

TRIBE Member
yeah it's me, lol. and free vinyl is good! (j/k)

have you installed the software that came with the card? this is essential.

check your start menu/programs list for a folder called Echo Digital Audio. the program should be in there. if it's not, then go here to download the stuff:

http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Drivers.php

this should install a control panel. mine looks like this:

you can see those two buttons highlighted in yellow. clicking on them switch the input level to -10.

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker
yeah it's me, lol. and free vinyl is good! (j/k)

have you installed the software that came with the card? this is essential.

check your start menu/programs list for a folder called Echo Digital Audio. the program should be in there. if it's not, then go here to download the stuff:

http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Drivers.php

this should install a control panel. mine looks like this:

you can see those two buttons highlighted in yellow. clicking on them switch the input level to -10.
BEAKER YOU ARE THE FUCKIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! ITS NOW WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *LOL*

Crazy Serb

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Richard Raiban
BEAKER YOU ARE THE FUCKIN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! ITS NOW WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *LOL*
What a guy... :D

ludikris

TRIBE Member
As a side note... To any of you lookin at buying one of these cards, pay close attention to the motherboard chipset compatibility page as there are only a handful of them that work well.

I replaced a few motherboards for people who had mad issues.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders