• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mi:3 - decent

It's a decent blend of the first and the second, enough bang bang to make it worthwhile, but the ripped off CPR sequence from The Abyss had the audience in tears.

Take it as you please. I enjoyed it.

L8s
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Stan

TRIBE Member
Yeah it was pretty decent. The chinese chick is smokin hawt.

*insert obligatory Tom Cruise on a motorcycle scene*

*insert obligatory Tom Cruise running scene*
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
adsense is putting newborn baby ads in this thread... Were there like product placements for similac in the movie maybe?
 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
All I remember from the first two MIs is that pretty much everyone gets killed except Tom.

Hell, in MI1, even Emmanuelle Beart gets killed. And Kristen Scott-Thomas? Shit, she gets whacked right off the bat!!! No, "The English Patient" didn't help her career one bit. Not one bit....

This does not bode well for Philip Seymour-Hoffman...
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Until tom cruise quits scientology or gets real psychiatric help I will not pay to see any movie he is in. This is in response to paramount pulling the southpark episode because they have no balls.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
No dove. And what you see of Phillip Seymore Hoffman in the ads is pretty much what you see in the film. While it is refreshing to see a villian that doesn't give long clever speeches or one liners and rather is just plain mean and ruthless is refreshing. But anyone really could have done the role.
 

J e l o

TRIBE Member
good to hear. I've been aching for some new popcorn fodder and this should do the trick. Will likely see this on the weekend. May is a huge month, this, then Davinci and then X3.
 

kuba

TRIBE Member
the second installment was absolutly a top ten worst movie of all time.

the first was pretty good.

i'm expecting something in the middle
 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
the second installment was absolutly a top ten worst movie of all time.

Agreed. I fucking hated that movie.

And... John Woo? What could've went wrong...? Perhaps scientology and kamikaze crash-zen filmaking just ain't a good blend...

So, who the hell is directing #3.....

btw, ditto on X3. Just saw the trailer. Almost wet my pants. God that film looks AWESOME!!!!... so...to hell with Tom. Now, it's all about Famke, as Phoenix, eating stars and wrecking havoc like it's no big thing...

GO FAMKE!!!!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stan

TRIBE Member
#3 was written and directed by JJ Abrams - the dude who created "Lost", "Alias" and "Felicity".
 

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Polymorph said:
Agreed. I fucking hated that movie.

And... John Woo? What could've went wrong...? Perhaps scientology and kamikaze crash-zen filmaking just ain't a good blend...

Didn't Tom Cruise try and get Woo removed from the film based on "creative differences"?

I remember seeing something about how Tom stated he had big conflicts with the Woo-man.

Stupid "super star" actors getting all sorts of rights.

Just shut up and play make-believe.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Didn't Tom Cruise try and get Woo removed from the film based on "creative differences"?

I remember seeing something about how Tom stated he had big conflicts with the Woo-man.

Stupid "super star" actors getting all sorts of rights.

Just shut up and play make-believe.

I recall seeing Cruise on "Access Hollywood" or somesuch nonsense, hyping MI2, saying... "and it's the WOO"...

He was so stiff as he said it...

Fuck the guy can't even fake it anymore.

(but, as an aside, I *do* think Tom was perfectly fine in "Vanilla Sky" and even "War of the Worlds".... Like his first film, "Risky Business", he's best suited to playing the role of some self-crisis-inducing yuppie jackass....)
 

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Stan said:
#3 was written and directed by JJ Abrams - the dude who created "Lost", "Alias" and "Felicity".

well ok I guess that ups the 'sensitivity' factor of the subject matter...

(That being said, Abrams ain't dropped the ball imo. Smart, smart dude, this guy.... sort of like a mainstream Joss Whedon...)
 
Eclectic said:
Didn't Tom Cruise try and get Woo removed from the film based on "creative differences"?

I remember seeing something about how Tom stated he had big conflicts with the Woo-man.

Stupid "super star" actors getting all sorts of rights.

Just shut up and play make-believe.

Woo was still getting his Hollywood career off the ground. Remember that at that time all he had under his belt in Hollywood was Hard Target, Broken Arrow and Face/Off at the time. Woo didn't hold the clout that Cruise did at the time, and just went along, as Cruise had the backing of Paramount (who he has a very longstanding relationship with since bailing them out of near bankruptcy in the 80's with Top Gun) as well as the Executive Producer credit under his belt (Woo usually worked with longtime collaborator Terrance Chang who had a hand in most of his previous works, including Face/Off).

It's situations like these that caused him to return to Hong Kong and start work on The Legend of Red Cliff, where he had greater creative control, and a bit more say in the final decision/cut of the film. Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li have said similar things where they don't feel like they're getting the same treatment that other caucasian actors get from the Hollywood heirarchy (which is why both of them turned down roles in The Matrix - Yeoh for the role of Trinity, Jet Li for the role of Seraph), except in the rare case where they really connect with a director. Most still feel like they're getting token roles as exotic villians or the Kato/Kung Fu sidekick kind of role/stereotypes, rather than large amounts of screen time even when they have top billing on a film. Even Chow Yun Fat has stated that he feels very limited by the roles that Hollywood has to offer to Asian actors.
 
Last edited:

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
el presidente Highsteppa said:
It's situations like these that caused him to return to Hong Kong and start work on The Legend of Red Cliff, where he had greater creative control, and a bit more say in the final decision/cut of the film. Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li have said similar things where they don't feel like they're getting the same treatment that other caucasian actors get from the Hollywood heirarchy (which is why both of them turned down roles in The Matrix - Yeoh for the role of Trinity, Jet Li for the role of Seraph), except in the rare case where they really connect with a director. Most still feel like they're getting token roles as exotic villians or the Kato/Kung Fu sidekick kind of role/stereotypes, rather than large amounts of screen time even when they have top billing on a film. Even Chow Yun Fat has stated that he feels very limited by the roles that Hollywood has to offer to Asian actors.

Perhaps we should hire them for Canadian films...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top