• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Mexican Resto?

Maui

TRIBE Member
Hey all, I am looking to visit an authentic Mexican restaurant here in Toronto. Does anyone know of a good one? Does one exist? And I'm stressing authentic here. A family run joint where the owners/cooks are Mexican and they make stuff from scratch.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i've been a bunch of times (althought not for a year or so) and it's been really good every time. it can be ridiculously slow service though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

joey

TRIBE Member
there was a thread about this a bit ago...

not timelining you just thought you could get answers fater that way

btw timeline ;)

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Jalapeno on King is my fave. I spent a week in the Yucatan earlier this year and only had food at par with Jalapeno. Try the tortilla soup...

,g

Maui

TRIBE Member
joey said:
there was a thread about this a bit ago...

not timelining you just thought you could get answers fater that way

btw timeline ;)
So post the link smarty pants. I did search and didn't find anything.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
i dunno about toronto, ive been to texas and been to a bunch of amazing tex/mex resto places in austin..

but in whitby, there's a place called El Rancho

fucking EXCELLENT style and food... really reminded me of bein in texas... minus the thousands of fuckin illegals

lol

dstarr

TRIBE Member
Dos Amigos is kick ass. It's at 1201 Bathurst North of Dupont. They expanded there patio a while ago too.

miller

TRIBE Member
there's one on yonge halfway between davisville and eglinton....i wish i could remember the name....it is a little more "upscale"....great food and ambiance.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Rancho Relaxo on College, just west of Spadina
Margueritas on Baldwin

Both awesome

edit: there's also one that I can't recall the name of on the west side of Yonge, just north of Bloor, across the street from the reference library

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Flashy_McFlash said:
Actually, I think Bandidos on King and Peter might be Mexican-owned.
I went there last summer with a mexican and she laughed at the food, if that's any indication

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
janiecakes said:
i've been a bunch of times (althought not for a year or so) and it's been really good every time. it can be ridiculously slow service though.
wow, it really is authentic !

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm just saying, an authentic mexican thought the food was authentically awful

for myself, nothing but enjoyment

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
mr tall said:
I'm just saying, an authentic mexican thought the food was authentically awful

for myself, nothing but enjoyment
Actually, I believe it...The food there isn't outstanding or anything, but I never ate anything outstanding in Mexico anyhow, so I don't really know what 'good' Mexican food is. I was just happy not to have the runs for three days.

emiwee

TRIBE Member
miller said:
there's one on yonge halfway between davisville and eglinton....i wish i could remember the name....it is a little more "upscale"....great food and ambiance.
Mariachi's.

And it's soooooo good. Would definitely recommend it.

annec

TRIBE Member
There's a new "upscale" Mexican slated to open soon at Mercer & John called Milagro (?) or something like that.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories