1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mes, Keating Channel, Lazydays.....anyone?

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Mrs. Pink, May 25, 2010.

1. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

I'm waiting to hear how awesome this weekend was for house music? How was Mes? Did Gleeson get drunk? Did JAR dance like a fiend? Did Preacherman talk about the Met's all day??? Did Wiseman play his Raffi remix?

lemme hear it?

2. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

:D @ having to direct people to another board for event reviews

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

that site is the blackest, bleakest black i've ever blinked an eye at. my head hurts now. all i can see is image-constants of the black souls of t.a. ....lol

4. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

Mes ripped that patio to shreds (nice to see Sneak representing at both parties)...enjoyed his set at Keeting quite a lot more than Wrongbar...his 2nd hour was really banging (what is that "Dancing" track he played at the hour mark that really got things going)...the live sax player was amazing...great venue, great people...so many smiling faces...everyone there was there to have a great time, enjoy being outdoors and listening to great music by ALL of the DJ's on a beautiful long weekend...didn't stay the entire night, wanted to check out Lego at Rasputin and that was a bit of a disaster (feel bad for the promoters booking such a talent only to have NOBODY show up) we got there around 12 and there were three people in the place and just as we showed up, saw Lego grab his stuff and jet...never even played...

Well done to the crew who put this party together...looking forward to more!

5. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

so Mes also played outside as well?

Wanted to see him play for the longest time and he plays in TO twice on the same day after I move.

6. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making Sunday a WICKED day/night under the sun/stars!

Big thanks to Bounce and The Preacherman for having Jeff Mason and myself on the bill.. We were both buzzing HARD after our set.. great vibe!!!

I went off to an after party once the jam stopped and everyone there was in 100% agreement on the following statement.... the music was BANG ON all day.. each DJ stepped it up big time and filled each time of the day with a unique yet very fitting vibe. Well done to all involved!

Extra well done to Rich and Todd. You guys ripped it up!!!! Truth be known they made me a touch nervous seeing as I had one hell of a hard act to follow.

7. soapy

soapy TRIBE Promoter

been meaning to post a review here but i've either been hung over or at work. what a great day! we were planning on stopping by and having a couple drinks but it turned into screaming and fist pumping :eek: drank an unholy amount of Corona and danced my ass off! I had also mentioned how it musta been nerve racking to follow any of those sets but each Dj kept the pace climbing. It was a gorgeous summer afternoon/evening on the patio of a pub, the place was rammed, and these guys were throwing down!!!
    Amazing time. thanks guys.

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

I've been hearing, reading and seeing nothing but positives from this...which makes my long weekend out of the city hurt just that tad bit more.

Hoping my summer schedule allows to hit up at least one of these :)

9. ian

ian TRIBE Member

I popped in at Lazydays for a quick drink with some friends. Nice little bash. . . patio was hopping (in fact there was nowhere to sit). Found it amusing that some old friends didn't recognize me (I grew a salt & pepper beard and still have to lose my winter weight yet methinks). . . Nice to see Sage and Kriss! I do think that deck could be a little bigger though!

10. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

i lasted about 15 minutes at lazydaze - think I was a bit sun stroked from the previous day + monday afternoon + a little dehydration. slept for 13 hours. Sorry Sage!

Wrongbar was great, and the lake jam was a crazy amount of fun - that one will hard to top although Canada Day is shaping up to compete pretty well. I heard Don and Mes and both really brought the goods. Todd Porter played sax with me and I thought he really killed it. Everyone was buzzing about it afterwards. Jeff and Darren, then Preacherman - perfect way to finish the night with some solid funky tech house

looking forward to some of those recordings

11. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

loved it!
    loved the space, the music was wicked and the crowd was rocking

12. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Had to work the weekend but popped in for the last two hours as it was winding down. I love this venue, it's so sweet being on the channel.
    Always wanted to hear Mes play and missed him too bad. Would've like to have heard Rich's set and the sax playing.

Hope to hear more house music on the channel this summer! :)

13. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

14. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

15. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

16. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

17. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

looks like a great time! hope to make one of these things....right up my alley. Unfortunatly for me.....i'm taking possesion of my new crib June 28th....so Canada Day is probably out....

I need me an afternoon of beats in the sunshine.

18. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

anyone lose a camera at lazydaze?

19. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

dude, you'll have a hot tub and a kick ass back yard. you win!

20. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

I've been wanting to hit up a jam at the Keating Channel, its 5 minutes from my house. When's the next party happening there?

21. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

Canada Day with Hector Moralez, i think.....hate to miss that one, Hector is top shelf.

22. mushroom

mushroom TRIBE Member

Nice! Sounds like a plan!!

23. AshG

AshG Member

sets are coming shortly. stay tuned...

24. AshG

AshG Member

alright, the first two sets are up, and the thread will be updated with the rest of the sets as they become available.

click here for aural goodness.

25. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i want the info on that spot mike, if you can help out it would be great :)