• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Men's skincare products

whatsnewpussycat

TRIBE Member
I'm looking for skin care products as gift for a guy with combination skin (oily and dry at the same time).

Any suggestions on product lines that might work with his skin type for a cleanser, moisturizer, aftershave balm and shaving cream?

Thanks
 

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I know Nivea has a complete line for men, but I have no clue how good it is. I think it's geared for combination skin because most of their products are for moisturising, and the line is marketed to younger guys.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by whatsnewpussycat
I'm looking for skin care products as gift for a guy with combination skin (oily and dry at the same time).

Any suggestions on product lines that might work with his skin type for a cleanser, moisturizer, aftershave balm and shaving cream?

Thanks

Biotherm makes a good line for men. last year, they had little starter kits, that have small sizes, and include a few different products. i think they sell for about $15. otherwise, they have a full line of men's stuff.

vichy also has men's products, and nivea too. and neutrogena (also very good). :)
 

atomic

TRIBE Member
I just picked up a biotherm homme line. I've just started to use it so I can't speak for its effectiveness, but the line is pretty extensive.

edit: mingster beat me to the punch ; )
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rubytuesday
I know Nivea has a complete line for men, but I have no clue how good it is. I think it's geared for combination skin because most of their products are for moisturising, and the line is marketed to younger guys.
Last Christmas I recieved a "Nivea for Men" gift set from my older sister, and all the products worked very well...still use the bag as my travelling toiletry set:)

Notorious T.O.B'
 

matty

TRIBE Member
Are men and womens skin fundamentally different? Would a womans skin care product be ineffective on a man?
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
Are men and womens skin fundamentally different? Would a womans skin care product be ineffective on a man?
the two have some important differences, but many/most creams for women will work on men just as well.

some products should be used specifically for each skin type. ie: face wash, astringents/aftershave, deodorants, and intensive treatments (such as antiwrinkle stuff).


because the skin on a man's face is so much thicker than on a woman's, the cleaning process is a little different, and certain creams don't penetrate as well into men's skin.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

atomic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
Are men and womens skin fundamentally different? Would a womans skin care product be ineffective on a man?
I guess they are different. according to my handy biotherm guide, it reads:

Men's skin is different. It is about 24% thicker, more elastic and produces more sebum than women's skin. All of these characteristics make it more resistant to environment and aging. However, men lose firmness and thickness faster than women. Morevover, men's skin is being constantly irritated by shaving. As a result, men face care products have to be more absorbent, have calming and soothing qualities, while preserving their protective and corrective benefits.

who knew? now I just have to find out what the heck "sebum" is.
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
Top